Windows 10: A sudden change in my laptop's performance

Discus and support A sudden change in my laptop's performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, for past few weeks I have dealt with some annoying problem which I have yet to solve. Basically, every time I'll open a game which needs a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arielgraff, Mar 19, 2021.

1. A sudden change in my laptop's performance

Hello, for past few weeks I have dealt with some annoying problem which I have yet to solve. Basically, every time I'll open a game which needs a little of GPU usage or greater of course the game will run perfectly for about 4 minutes and then the GPU usage increases to 95%-100% while the CPU usage is only at 10%-30% which causes the game to be literally and unironically unplayable. Now, I have had this laptop for about 3 years now and have yet to encounter these performance issues before, every game would run with the maximum setting at a solid 60 FPS. I have tried almost every method I believe, I had tested the performance of game with some tweaks to the graphics, tried to reinstall the Nvidia drivers a couple of times, tried to return to previous windows versions and then updating it to the latest version and even formatted my Laptop because I thought that I might of downloaded a miner of some sort I did the reset with the option to keep the files. I have yet to try two things, first thing is trying to find if there is an accumulation of dust in the laptop, I have yet to do it because I don't have a screw with such a small head. The other thing that I have yet to try is to factory reset the computer. I do not know if I am even looking in the right place for the solution of not, therefore I am in deep need for help.

Specs

IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8.0 GB 256-bit

32GB RAM

Windows 10 Home

Thanks in advance.

:)

arielgraff, Mar 19, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 19, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    Sudden performance drop, unable to download updates, reset and fresh install.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why you are experiencing a sudden drop in your system's performance. To better assist you and isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried aside form the ones you mentioned above?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker
    tool. This is a utility in Windows that will allow us to scan and repair for corruptions in your system files. Also, if you are trying to download or install available updates but couldn't, you may refer to this article and follow the steps on how to reset
    your Windows Update components: How do I reset Windows Update components?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Mar 19, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

A sudden change in my laptop's performance

n-ster, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

A sudden change in my laptop's performance

1. A sudden change in my laptop's performance - Similar Threads - sudden change laptop's

2. Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue: Hello,I built my PC back in December, and everything up to this point has been fine. Recently, maybe a week ago, I noticed some strange behavior: the screen will lag, and the computer freezes for up to a second before the display shows the new state. This includes typing,...
  3. Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue: Hello,I built my PC back in December, and everything up to this point has been fine. Recently, maybe a week ago, I noticed some strange behavior: the screen will lag, and the computer freezes for up to a second before the display shows the new state. This includes typing,...
  4. Sudden Change in Computer Performance - Unable to Identify Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop starts performing very slowly all of a sudden

My laptop starts performing very slowly all of a sudden: I have a pretty basic laptop ill provide specs if needed that runs well most of the time, i get around 120 fps in games of my choice and i havent been having problems so farBut starting around March, sometimes, my computer performance seems to dip by about 50%. Its random...
  6. My computer's performance suddenly tanked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer's performance suddenly tanked.: It randomly restarted after going to a black screen with a blinking underscorr, worked fine for 20 ish minutes and then rapidly became slower and slower. So slow that it couldn't even run a game like Among Us, or even process a discord call. I couldn't even close any programs...
  7. MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED FROM PASSCODE TO PASSWORD

MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY CHANGED FROM PASSCODE TO PASSWORD: I need some help here! Later this morning i set up my microsoft account given by my agency in to my laptop. After doing it, i put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to run some errands. But when i wake it up this evening i noticed that from requiring a passcode my...
  8. Sudden drop in my PC performance.

Sudden drop in my PC performance.: I have an hp laptop with intel i5 8th gen, 8 gb ram, amd radeon R7 M340, windows 10. I usually use my laptop for playing games. Few weeks back my laptop started slowing down, i tired to fix it by deleting closing some background apps and deletind some applications i do not...
  9. Performance of my Laptop

Performance of my Laptop: Dear All, I would be grateful if someone gives me a permanent solution to my problem. I recently bought a new Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series Laptop with processor type Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-71000U CPU "2.40GHz. Upon using this laptop, I have realized the laptop becomes very...
  10. Sudden Decrease in Performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden Decrease in Performance?: Ok, first off, I upgraded to the insider preview a long time ago from Win7 Ulti. I can't recall exactly when, but it was sometime between November and January. When I was still on 7, I was having some intermittent issues, and was thinking about wiping, but then I just...