Windows 10: A tab is appearing whenever I am connecting my laptop to WIFI.

Discus and support A tab is appearing whenever I am connecting my laptop to WIFI. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is happening after my Windows was updated a few days back. I think its a glitch from Microsoft's end. Happened twice now. Everytime I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SatyakiGhosh, Dec 23, 2020.

1. A tab is appearing whenever I am connecting my laptop to WIFI.

• A tab is appearing whenever I am connecting my laptop to WIFI. 50633ce8-2151-43a4-ae37-bab32fe3ab0a?upload=true.png
    This is happening after my Windows was updated a few days back. I think its a glitch from Microsoft's end. Happened twice now. Everytime I wanted to connect my laptop over a wifi connection, this is appearing. There is no way to move the tab or rectify it. The only thing that works is restarting. Very disturbing, any solution?

:)

SatyakiGhosh, Dec 23, 2020

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Missing WiFi tab

Hey Dhavelyn!

Here are answers to your questions.

• Do you remember making any software or hardware related changes to your device and router before this issue happened?
    No, I didn't made any hardware changes nor did I installed any software.

• Were you able to connect to your other devices aside from the laptop?
    Yes

• Are you getting any sort of error messages? If so, can you tell us these errors.
    No, I am not getting any error messages.

• To make sure we haven't missed on anything, can you specify to us the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?
    I just did the Network Troubleshooting which shows no error but gives a message to 'Plug an Ethernet cable' (as only Ethernet is left under network connections tab).

I also tried uninstalling Wifi driver under device manager but there was no Wifi driver (Intel dualband 3160-AC). Then I downloaded the wifi driver but while installing it gives a message that 'This installation could not be made'. (I made sure that
    the driver was compatible before installing)

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Update: When I turned ON my laptop today, I found that the WiFi came back under Network Connections but was disabled. So, I enabled it and then my WiFi was working fine. But when again I switched ON my laptop after few hours, the WiFi tab was missing.
    I don't know how did this happened now and not before during previous startups of my system.

Sufian Saeed Khan, Dec 23, 2020
  4. A tab is appearing whenever I am connecting my laptop to WIFI.

Missing WiFi tab

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 64-bit version installed.

For the past few months, the WiFi tab in my laptop disappears and then again reappears when I restart my laptop. But for the past few days, the WiFi tab has disappeared completely and even restarting the system doesn't rectify it.

I tried some solutions listed on the internet but nothing helped.

Please help as this is very annoying problem and I couldn't connect to the internet at all.

Thank you!

Sufian Saeed Khan, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

A tab is appearing whenever I am connecting my laptop to WIFI.

1. A tab is appearing whenever I am connecting my laptop to WIFI. - Similar Threads - tab appearing whenever

2. When I try connecting my laptop to my highschool wifi it connect but when I open a new tab...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try connecting my laptop to my highschool wifi it connect but when I open a new tab...: When I try connecting my laptop to my highschool wifi it connect but when I open a new tab to go on something it says im not connect to any network...
  3. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, mcsftconnecttest.com appears, but my computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to connect to the internet, mcsftconnecttest.com appears, but my computer...: My internet works on the browser, but nothing outside of the browser. If I connect to the internet, this is what happens: but if I look at my connection, it says not connected. Another problem is that if I try to connect to the internet for anything outside the browser, it...
  4. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  5. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to connect my wifi connection: After reboot windows 10 i am unable to connect my wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-my-wifi-connection/5df97533-0d62-4639-8bf5-debc6130275e
  6. I am unable to connect my wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am

Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am: Currently on Windows 10 and it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am.When I look at my router/modem it says no internet secured but I can use the internet and web browser just fine.I have reset my mode through Xfinity and have reset at Netgear router level. Nothing...
  8. Wifi Connection Not Appearing

Wifi Connection Not Appearing: I'm having an issue with my PC, I have always used a wireless connection for my PC and never had any issues, now suddenly my computer will not connect or even display any networks that I was previously able to connect to. It only shows an ethernet connection in my network...
  9. Wifi Connection Not Appearing

Wifi Connection Not Appearing: I'm having an issue with my PC, I have always used a wireless connection for my PC and never had any issues, now suddenly my computer will not connect or even display any networks that I was previously able to connect to. It only shows an ethernet connection in my netowrk...
  10. I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?: I am connected and it sais no internet connection? And when i trouble shoot i get "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" and i cant remember what i did but i reset some wifi things from my wifi. submitted by /u/BigBrainViktor [link] [comments]...