Windows 10: A tad confused now

Discus and support A tad confused now in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just been reading Brinks new post re the upcoming update Windows 10 Fall Creators Update phased rollout approach - Windows 10 Forums and to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Oct 23, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

A tad confused now

I have just been reading Brinks new post re the upcoming update Windows 10 Fall Creators Update phased rollout approach - Windows 10 Forums and to be honest I am tad confused as to what is actually happening in Windows 10 insomuch as there are creators, insiders, different builds etc etc and I have no idea what it is all about and after reading this What to expect from the Windows 10 Creators Update | ZDNet I find I am hard pushed in knowing what is actually going on with the system.

I mean I like the new GUI once you get use to using it though it is to me at least quite convoluted ie the settings and I find it quite distracting like I was the other evening when wile typing an email when Microsoft shut down my computer to install an update. Things like that tend to put you on your guard because if they can do that where is the system heading??

Using Windows 7 was so easy and now I feel that the system has suddenly become a very clinical (to me at least) place to be and that I really need a PhD in It to take part in anything more than asking for help with any problems or queries I might find myself with.

Is this just me or does anyone else feel that Windows has now lost that "something" about it??

:)

ICIT2LOL, Oct 23, 2017
  2. kukalula Win User

Symbian on Nokia E65

Can anyone tell me what the Symbian os is on my new E65 and whether or not I need to install it? Im a tad confused over it.

kukalula, Oct 23, 2017
  3. How do I d/load music from my computer to my N95

Thanks, chaps. A tad bit confusing, but I am determined to get to grips with the functions involved with this phone.

Do you guys have the N95 ? What are your opinions of it ?

big_andy79, Oct 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

A tad confused now

Keep it simple. Major builds are rolled out about twice a year, with fixes and security updates in between.

The pattern seems to be that the initial major build lacks the quality testing a consumer product needs, so a major update is released a couple of months or so later.

MS's update policy by default (if you don't change some slightly technical settings, some of which aren't available on Home editions) is that you will get upgrades and updates automatically, including automatic restarts.

That hasn't won them many friends.

My approach: I have the Pro version, so defer feature updates; I have updates set to Notify, so they only download when I want; I have Active hours enabled just in case.

I use disk imaging to protect my PC, and only upgrade after at least the first major update has been released.

For most people there are probably no added feature benefits in new major builds. However, as these are released, MS is continuing to add enhancements to promote device integration (= wider market appeal).

Each major build seems to add new universal apps, and enhancements to existing ones. Certain older features are removed from time to time.

dalchina, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

A tad confused now

1. A tad confused now - Similar Threads - tad confused

2. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  3. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  4. error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067: can someone help me i have error tag 7q6ca and Error code 1067 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-tad-7q6ca-error-code-1067/e4ec72d8-eec6-4a02-aa0a-4efba9934dc3
  5. error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067: can someone help me i have error tag 7q6ca and Error code 1067 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-tad-7q6ca-error-code-1067/e4ec72d8-eec6-4a02-aa0a-4efba9934dc3
  6. error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. OneDrive syncing is blocking browser cannot open tads ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive syncing is blocking browser cannot open tads ??: Hello, I have an issue when OneDrive is updating I cannot open a new tab / access a new URL. I have recently been recording short 5 to 8 minute tutorials for a user group I am in. I save them as mp4 files on my machine. They are a complete video file with audio and with the a...
  8. Latest Windows Updates have me a tad confused

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Updates have me a tad confused: Did KB4565503 replace KB4556799 I hid KB4556799, the May Feature Update since it had obvious issues. Now I am being offered the KB4565503 cumulative update and the hidden feature update no longer appears under hidden. Does this cumulative replace the feature update from...
  9. New Edge performance a tad slower in testing after Windows Reinstall

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge performance a tad slower in testing after Windows Reinstall: I don't know what happened and this isn't really a big deal or anything, but the test results from Speedometer 2.0 went from a 144.9 to 138 after COMPLETELY reinstalling Windows (from corruption). I am using a slightly newer version of Windows, it might be the May 2020 Update...
  10. Windows 10 is a tad slow...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is a tad slow...: I think this is a bit of a vague issue to troubleshoot what bothers me is that installers are taking a long while to install and move/copy operations appear to be unusually long with files that are 1Kb in size and apart from basic defragmentation and use of Windows and...