Windows 10: A tad confused now

Discus and support A tad confused now in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just been reading Brinks new post re the upcoming update Windows 10 Fall Creators Update phased rollout approach - Windows 10 Forums and to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Oct 23, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

A tad confused now

I have just been reading Brinks new post re the upcoming update Windows 10 Fall Creators Update phased rollout approach - Windows 10 Forums and to be honest I am tad confused as to what is actually happening in Windows 10 insomuch as there are creators, insiders, different builds etc etc and I have no idea what it is all about and after reading this What to expect from the Windows 10 Creators Update | ZDNet I find I am hard pushed in knowing what is actually going on with the system.

I mean I like the new GUI once you get use to using it though it is to me at least quite convoluted ie the settings and I find it quite distracting like I was the other evening when wile typing an email when Microsoft shut down my computer to install an update. Things like that tend to put you on your guard because if they can do that where is the system heading??

Using Windows 7 was so easy and now I feel that the system has suddenly become a very clinical (to me at least) place to be and that I really need a PhD in It to take part in anything more than asking for help with any problems or queries I might find myself with.

Is this just me or does anyone else feel that Windows has now lost that "something" about it??

:)

ICIT2LOL, Oct 23, 2017
  2. kukalula Win User

Symbian on Nokia E65

Can anyone tell me what the Symbian os is on my new E65 and whether or not I need to install it? Im a tad confused over it.

kukalula, Oct 23, 2017
  3. How do I d/load music from my computer to my N95

Thanks, chaps. A tad bit confusing, but I am determined to get to grips with the functions involved with this phone.

Do you guys have the N95 ? What are your opinions of it ?

big_andy79, Oct 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

A tad confused now

Keep it simple. Major builds are rolled out about twice a year, with fixes and security updates in between.

The pattern seems to be that the initial major build lacks the quality testing a consumer product needs, so a major update is released a couple of months or so later.

MS's update policy by default (if you don't change some slightly technical settings, some of which aren't available on Home editions) is that you will get upgrades and updates automatically, including automatic restarts.

That hasn't won them many friends.

My approach: I have the Pro version, so defer feature updates; I have updates set to Notify, so they only download when I want; I have Active hours enabled just in case.

I use disk imaging to protect my PC, and only upgrade after at least the first major update has been released.

For most people there are probably no added feature benefits in new major builds. However, as these are released, MS is continuing to add enhancements to promote device integration (= wider market appeal).

Each major build seems to add new universal apps, and enhancements to existing ones. Certain older features are removed from time to time.

dalchina, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

A tad confused now

1. A tad confused now - Similar Threads - tad confused

2. confused, very

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    confused, very: %SystemRoot%\System32\setupapi.dll,-2 can anyone tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-very/bf03fad8-e017-4b6f-8e13-0609c3aa8e36
  3. I just need a phone number to talk with a live person about a payment confusion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I just need a phone number to talk with a live person about a payment confusion: I had a PC for about 6 year and continued to pay for WORD on it. This PC "died" in the last week of July and I purchased a new one from Amazon. I noticed when I set it up on 8/1/19 that there was a 5 day (I think it was 5) time when you could try out the package. Since...
  4. Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Accounts create a VERY Confusing MESS: I have nothing much good to say about "Microsoft Accounts". Likely there are some good things but they are obscured by all the trouble the mess is causing. There are many stories that I could tell but, for today, I'll stick with the current issue: I am working on a...
  5. Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor IDs/Numbers Confusion: I have a Gigabyte Laptop with Intel HD Graphics. In addition to the built in display I have a TV attached via HDMI and a Dell U2913WM via VGA port. The Intel Graphics Properties Setting allows me to specify which is the primary display and this is set to Number 1. I have set...
  6. Windows Update confusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update confusion: In Windows Update, a scan reports that "It looks like all available updates are installed and your PC is up to date" including 2019-07 Cumulative Update KB4505903. Yet Windows Update also indicates that KB4505903 is available and has links to "download and install now". How...
  7. Drive confusion on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive confusion on Windows 10: Hi all--I'm new to Windows 10, and hoping you can help me. I have a refurbished Dell Precision m4800 running Win 10 Pro. It came with two drives: an SSD and a DVD drive. Last night, I installed an internal mSata drive as well. Using Disk Management, I kept the SSD as C,...
  8. Drive confusion on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive confusion on Windows 10: Hi all--I'm new to Windows 10, and hoping you can help me. I have a refurbished Dell Precision m4800 running Win 10 Pro. It came with two drives: an SSD and a DVD drive. Last night, I installed an internal mSata drive as well. Using Disk Management, I kept the SSD as C,...
  9. Confused - BT/AOL which?

in Browsers and Email
    Confused - BT/AOL which?: Your help would be appreciated. I have a friend who moved earlier this year - up until that time her email address was L: [email protected]. As I understand it, AOL was part of Talktalk at that stage. She moved, and for whatever reason TT were unable to service her new home...
  10. Windows 10 is a tad slow...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is a tad slow...: I think this is a bit of a vague issue to troubleshoot what bothers me is that installers are taking a long while to install and move/copy operations appear to be unusually long with files that are 1Kb in size and apart from basic defragmentation and use of Windows and...