Windows 10: A third party app opens to a small window but the maximize button does not work.

Discus and support A third party app opens to a small window but the maximize button does not work. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem just started in the last several days. I have tried other apps which all maximize fine. I uninstalled the problem app and then reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricSchweitzer, Jan 12, 2020.

1. A third party app opens to a small window but the maximize button does not work.

This problem just started in the last several days. I have tried other apps which all maximize fine. I uninstalled the problem app and then reinstalled it but it still would not maximize.

:)

EricSchweitzer, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. A third party app opens to a small window but the maximize button does not work. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 12, 2020
  3. zamek7 Win User
    maximize/ restore button not working in any programs opened in windows 10

all programs open in maximized or full screen mode

can't unmaximize window by clicking on maximize/ restore button (the middle button with the 2 overlapping squares, upper right side of each window)

the minimize (-) and close (x) button do work

zamek7, Jan 12, 2020
  4. A third party app opens to a small window but the maximize button does not work.

Newly launched apps open in small window mode.

Hi Denny_71730,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the app or system doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get better clarity on this issue:

1. What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    2. Which apps are you referring to?
    3. Once you maximize the app and close it, does it still open in small window mode when you reopen that app?

Reply with more information to help you further.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

A third party app opens to a small window but the maximize button does not work.

1. A third party app opens to a small window but the maximize button does not work. - Similar Threads - third party app

2. My microphone isn't working with third party apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone isn't working with third party apps: I have been using my laptop for several months now and my microphone has always worked fine. Today I have noticed that it is having problems.The microphone works fine on settings> sound >input. The microphone is called Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital...
  3. install third party apps

install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  4. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  5. Internal microphone not working in third party apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal microphone not working in third party apps.: Hello,My internal microphone realtek not working on my lenovo laptop in third party appsdiscord,steam, messenger. Only works on apps from microsoft store/built in apps like Recorder or Skype. My windows is up to date. Last time this happened i tried reinstalling audio drivers...
  6. Internal microphone not working in third party apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal microphone not working in third party apps.: Hello,My internal microphone realtek not working on my lenovo laptop in third party appsdiscord,steam, messenger. Only works on apps from microsoft store/built in apps like Recorder or Skype. My windows is up to date. Last time this happened i tried reinstalling audio drivers...
  7. Internal microphone not working in third party apps.

8. Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit 20H2 (Build 19042.804). My computer is in domain. To make biometric work I had to add key to registry ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] "AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001) and turn on PIN in Group Policy...
  9. Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Biometric not working on third party apps, works only on login.: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit 20H2 (Build 19042.804). My computer is in domain. To make biometric work I had to add key to registry ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] "AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001) and turn on PIN in Group Policy...
  10. download of third party apps

download of third party apps: I try to download an app from anywhere else (but the Microsoft store) and windows denies the download (pretending security reasons?) how is that possible? how to avoid?...