Windows 10: A Trojan in my System

Discus and support A Trojan in my System in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. What happened was the computer froze. I had been on line for several hours and opening and running many programs. But when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarolCottingham, Sep 1, 2018.

1. A Trojan in my System

Split from this thread.​

What happened was the computer froze. I had been on line for several hours and opening and running many programs. But when I wanted to shut the computer down, the windows icon that accesses the power button didn't respond.

So, I did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to open Task Manager and when I clicked on the processes tab, there was nothing there. It was blank screen! So, I looked at the detail tab and went through the processes that were running one by one, closing them. When I located the virus, it (being a trogon disguised itself like a normal exe file) it gave me the typical warning that a virus gives "this will cause grave problems if you shut it down". Ha, ha! So found.

While I was waiting for feedback from the community, I went to the library and found a free anti-virus program that takes care of that particular virus. I saved the program and instructions on a USB drive.

I was just wondering, because I am new to Windows 10, if I need to run the Defender program or if I need to indicate somehow within the program that I want it running all the time? I'm old and not up to speed with the new programs; so am just asking for guidance.

This is the third trogon virus that I've seen in past forty years, so that's not bad.

Thanks for all the feedback!

:)

CarolCottingham, Sep 1, 2018
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Sep 1, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 1, 2018
  4. MEGGG100 Win User

A Trojan in my System

Trojans

Windows Defender is not getting rid of the Trojans. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thank you

MEGGG100, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

A Trojan in my System

1. A Trojan in my System - Similar Threads - Trojan System

2. Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc: So i just installed a Trojan and I immediately went to system restore and restored it and I was wondering if the file could still be on my pc....
  3. Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc: So i just installed a Trojan and I immediately went to system restore and restored it and I was wondering if the file could still be on my pc....
  4. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...Note that "system" isn't typed in...
  5. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...Note that "system" isn't typed in...
  6. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...French boi, but there's only...
  7. Windows System 32 Files Infected with Trojan Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows System 32 Files Infected with Trojan Malware: Hi, I would like to ask help regarding Windows System 32 Files that were infected with Trojan Malware. Bitdefender Internet Security detected and quarantined the following: C:\Windows\System32\Maintenance.vbsInfected with:...
  8. Possible trojan or some type of system intrusion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible trojan or some type of system intrusion: I am having issues with a ton of errors come up on a data view report and some weird stuff come up on my cc cleaner report. I need to get to the bottom of this so I can quit worrying. I would seek information myself on diagnostic and repair but I really dont know where to...
  9. Possible trojan or some type of system intrusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible trojan or some type of system intrusion: I am having issues with a ton of errors come up on a data view report and some weird stuff come up on my cc cleaner report. I need to get to the bottom of this so I can quit worrying. I would seek information myself on diagnostic and repair but I really dont know where to...
  10. System infected with trojan horse Skeeyah.I through Visual Studio 2017 Community version...

System infected with trojan horse Skeeyah.I through Visual Studio 2017 Community version...: My system was infected with the "Skeeyah.I" trojan horse while updating to the newest version of Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition. This would be edition 15.9.9. Everything was fine, and my system was operating properly until the update. After the update it was a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. con que quito yourphone.exe

2. virus bitrepa