Windows 10: A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10

Discus and support A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1. On your computer, go to Start and then Settings 2. Select Accounts 3. Select Family & other users. 4. Click on Add someone else to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZahidAhmed1_356, Sep 12, 2020.

1. A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10

1. On your computer, go to Start and then Settings

2. Select Accounts

3. Select Family & other users.

4. Click on Add someone else to this PC.

:)

ZahidAhmed1_356, Sep 12, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. Zakin Win User

A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10

1. A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - tutorial add local

2. How to Add a Work UUser-Account to Windows 11 When the Administrator is a Local User?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add a Work UUser-Account to Windows 11 When the Administrator is a Local User?: Dear Community,I am the owner of a small company using Microsoft 365 for a team of 5 people.I recently set up a fresh installation of Windows 11 on my laptop using a work account, which automatically designated my primary Microsoft 365 account as the main administrator for...
  3. How to Add a Work UUser-Account to Windows 11 When the Administrator is a Local User?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add a Work UUser-Account to Windows 11 When the Administrator is a Local User?: Dear Community,I am the owner of a small company using Microsoft 365 for a team of 5 people.I recently set up a fresh installation of Windows 11 on my laptop using a work account, which automatically designated my primary Microsoft 365 account as the main administrator for...
  4. Unable to add local user in Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to add local user in Win 10: I found this when i am changing user name of my pc but when i enable administrator then i done some changes and change the user name but after that i found that all the icons n all settings deleted for the local user and there is no restore point where i can restore my...
  5. WIndows 10 wont update, add user or login to Microsoft account locally.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 wont update, add user or login to Microsoft account locally.: It started with updating Windows 10 1903. Would get to the end of installation and restart with unable to install. No error codes. Then progressed to login to Microsoft account the screen would flash and never load. Also unable to add users, same problem. Seems to be a...
  6. Add local user account to family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add local user account to family account: I want to add my son’s local account to Family account. He has already created his Microsoft account on his computer and I want to add it to the Family. I changed my administrative account to the adult account but cannot change his account because I receive a message that...
  7. How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin: After joining a computer to AzureAD you will login with a user and will be automatically added as a local admin. The trouble is when logging with other users. These users will automatically set as users to the computer. From the Computer Management Console there is no way to...
  8. is there a tutorial to install apps and keep a local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a tutorial to install apps and keep a local account?: Hi i have searched inside the forum , but i haven't found a tutorial about install apps from appstore and keep a local account thanks 17775
  9. Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own account. Each person can...
  10. Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10 How to Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10 [img] Information Using a strong password is among the most important steps you can take to protect your computer from hackers and other unwelcome users. If you...