Windows 10: A txt file keep appearing in My Documents.

Discus and support A txt file keep appearing in My Documents. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's been happening for a while and I'm not sure what it is but txt files keep appearing in My Documents. At the moment there a four of them named:-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by quint89, Jul 10, 2020.

1. quint89 Win User

A txt file keep appearing in My Documents.

It's been happening for a while and I'm not sure what it is but txt files keep appearing in My Documents. At the moment there a four of them named:-

drag-and-drop-1593438090635.txt

drag-and-drop-1593516952752.txt

drag-and-drop-1593517159946.txt

drag-and-drop-1593604955049.txt

They all contain the same thing when opened

"[CFxDSAPIDragAndDropHelper::AcceptDrop] Drag And Drop Override enabled"

sometimes this is repeated four or seven times.

What is making this file appear?

:)

quint89, Jul 10, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jul 10, 2020
  4. A txt file keep appearing in My Documents.

Find a word in a lot txt files

beats me. but it is faster using grep. what's more, in a business if you were scan through tens of thousands of documents the time saved would really add up. just saying.

the OP has a bunch of txt files and he is trying to avoid doing what you suggested because it takes forever when youve got a bunch of files.

Easy Rhino, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

A txt file keep appearing in My Documents.

1. A txt file keep appearing in My Documents. - Similar Threads - txt file keep

2. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  3. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  4. My txt file cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My txt file cannot be opened: I saved txt file with utf-8 to my server, editing it with crossing both window and samsung android phone.But the text file cannot be opened, and its capacity becomes 245kb to 1kb [I assume that texts were gone]Is this related with stability of txt file [when using in multiple...
  5. My txt file cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My txt file cannot be opened: I saved txt file with utf-8 to my server, editing it with crossing both window and samsung android phone.But the text file cannot be opened, and its capacity becomes 245kb to 1kb [I assume that texts were gone]Is this related with stability of txt file [when using in multiple...
  6. TXT FILES PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TXT FILES PROBLEM: Hello there my SSD disk broken from power suply and i had another one. I put the new one and i put the windows 10 i had buy.I let windows to update many times now and after 2 weeks i opened some txt files i had in second disk but the outcome is that i cant read it. I suppose...
  7. .zip file appear as a blank document

.zip file appear as a blank document: I just cleaned my computer recently, and when I zip a file, I noticed it doesn't appear as the normal zip file. When I click on it, it ask for another third party apps? I can't click on it and click Extract on top like the normal one...
  8. "Registration Entries" file appeared in my Documents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Registration Entries" file appeared in my Documents: I have Windows 10 Version 1909. A file called cc_20200107_112022 (type Registration Entries) appeared somehow in my Documents directory. I have no idea what it is. I have scanned it both with Malwarebytes & McAfee, showing no issues with either scan. When I double click it...
  9. Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

Txt. Document filling C:\ drive: Just wanted to let people know of a bug I found and my solution to it. In my windows 10 user\appdata\local\packages\microsoftxboxgamingoverlay\tempstate folder, i found a txt. Document of 57 gigabyte This was filling my C:\ drive and took me a good long while to find. I...
  10. Corrupted .TXT Files?

Corrupted .TXT Files?: I don't want to add unnecessary details, so I will keep this simple. A friend created a .7z archive and password protected it with a long password. He saved this password int a .txt file but lost that txt file and didn't know how to recover it. He simply kept the archive...