Windows 10: A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool

Discus and support A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know what to do submitted by /u/Lunix638 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lunix638, Jun 22, 2020.

1. A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool

/u/Lunix638, Jun 22, 2020
  2. THX1138 Win User

Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol

I have a bootable USB drive plugged into my PC and although it shows up in Disk Management, it doesn't show up in My Computer. Why does it have a weird symbol? It's the second drive in the list in Disk Management. Disk Management won't let me assign a drive letter, saying the list has to be refreshed, even though I just refreshed it.

A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool [​IMG]

THX1138, Jun 22, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 22, 2020
  4. ARTOSOFT Win User

A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool

USB memory disk as a paging file for virtual memory?

Hi,

I want to know your opinion about usb memory disk as a paging file for windows virtual memory.

I am trying to set paging file on usb memory disk, but it is looks windows don't like it and simply ignore it and create paging file on my c:\ drive. It is looks like paging file is created on usb memory disk, but when I check, there is no swap file on usb memory disk. The usb memory disk still empty.

Anyone have experience on it?

Regards,
    Arto.

ARTOSOFT, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool

1. A usb memory not appears on windows disk management tool - Similar Threads - usb memory appears

2. "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management: Hello, I searched everywhere for a solution but I can't find one, so here's what happened During an installation of a game, I ran out of memory on my hard drive, which is showing up as "Local Disk C:" and I have no other Local Disks. So I deleted some files I didn't need to...
  3. "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Local Disk :P" appeared on it's own in This PC, but not in Disk Management: Hello, I searched everywhere for a solution but I can't find one, so here's what happened During an installation of a game, I ran out of memory on my hard drive, which is showing up as "Local Disk C:" and I have no other Local Disks. So I deleted some files I didn't need to...
  4. External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD appears in device manager but not disk manager: I was transferring data to my external HDD when the transfer dropped to 0b/s and refused to pause and cancel, eventually resulting in the window becoming unresponsive. I ended up plugging out the HDD at that point as I couldn't get it to eject. Subsequently the HDD was no...
  5. Windows disk management tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows disk management tool: Hey guys, I got a new laptop with an Nvme SSD as a boot drive and a spare SATA port for a 2.5" drive, so I put the hard drive of my previous laptop in it and got all of my data out of it so I can format it and make it one partition instead of the 2+ it had since it was a boot...
  6. Free disk management tool.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free disk management tool.: I have a couple things I need to do with the drives I own. I would like to convert a dynamic disk to basic. I also need to extend a drive to an empty volume behind it, hence why I can't do it in the windows tool. Thanks in advance....
  7. USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management

in Windows 10 News
    USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management: [ATTACH]If your USB drive is not appearing in This PC, but it is visible in the Disk Management panel in Windows 10, then this post […] This post USB drive not appearing in This PC but visible in Disk Management is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Re-appearance of an old bug in memory management.

Re-appearance of an old bug in memory management.: I recently experienced severe problems with my computer after the usual updates. I am running an HP Envy All-in-one with 8 Fig of Ram etc and have had no normal problems. I leave my Updates in auto and check from time to time to see what has ben involved. Generally it is the...
  9. Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol

Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol: I have a bootable USB drive plugged into my PC and although it shows up in Disk Management, it doesn't show up in My Computer. Why does it have a weird symbol? It's the second drive in the list in Disk Management. Disk Management won't let me assign a drive letter, saying the...
  10. Usb drive appears in disk management when no usb drive exists

Usb drive appears in disk management when no usb drive exists: In disk management I have disk 4 has removeable drive and the icons appears in desktop. I can eject this and the icon disappears & is removed from disk management but when I restart the PC the disk & icon re-appear although I have no usb sticks inserted in the machine. 71493