Windows 10: A USB stick is being seen as a "mobile device" by my PC and thus doesn't work

Discus and support A USB stick is being seen as a "mobile device" by my PC and thus doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings!I have a pendrive/USB stick. My PC does "see" that it's being plugged in - it plays the sound when I both plug it in and plug it out, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Althea2137, Oct 14, 2021.

1. A USB stick is being seen as a "mobile device" by my PC and thus doesn't work

Greetings!I have a pendrive/USB stick. My PC does "see" that it's being plugged in - it plays the sound when I both plug it in and plug it out, and I can indeed find it in the Device Manager: however, it considers it to be a mobile device:The USB stick doesn't appear in the file explorer at all, either:Additionally, when I go to properties -> details, I'm told that this is in fact a "Flash Disk":Additional info that doesn't mean a lot to me but might be helpful to someone out there:So, any ideas how to fix it? Thanks!-FM

:)

Althea2137, Oct 14, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

A USB stick is being seen as a "mobile device" by my PC and thus doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 14, 2021
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Oct 14, 2021
  4. RobGaal Win User

A USB stick is being seen as a "mobile device" by my PC and thus doesn't work

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

A USB stick is being seen as a "mobile device" by my PC and thus doesn't work

1. A USB stick is being seen as a "mobile device" by my PC and thus doesn't work - Similar Threads - USB stick being

2. Windows doesn't recognize my mobil device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't recognize my mobil device: My Windows 11 PC does not show neither my phone nor tablet. It is not because of cable or device or driver. I have checked on Device Manager. For tablet it didn't show any problem but windows somehow able to find download and install te driver which is very surprising. Still...
  3. Windows doesn't recognize my mobil device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesn't recognize my mobil device: My Windows 11 PC does not show neither my phone nor tablet. It is not because of cable or device or driver. I have checked on Device Manager. For tablet it didn't show any problem but windows somehow able to find download and install te driver which is very surprising. Still...
  4. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media: initially all was well until I installed a couple of extra hard drives from a previous build. Just hard drives with files and space, no copies of windows or anything on them. Booted pc back up to find that my aio and fan controller were listed in the bottom right as ejectable...
  5. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media: initially all was well until I installed a couple of extra hard drives from a previous build. Just hard drives with files and space, no copies of windows or anything on them. Booted pc back up to find that my aio and fan controller were listed in the bottom right as ejectable...
  6. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB hard disks not being seen by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hard disks not being seen by Windows 10: None of my USB hard disks are being seen by Windows. Here's the situation:- they used to work but stopped sometime in the last few months- all of the drives work on other PCs- USB thumbdrives work and so do other USB device types. It's just my hard disks that do not work.-...
  8. USB hard disks not being seen by Windows 10

USB hard disks not being seen by Windows 10: None of my USB hard disks are being seen by Windows. Here's the situation:- they used to work but stopped sometime in the last few months- all of the drives work on other PCs- USB thumbdrives work and so do other USB device types. It's just my hard disks that do not work.-...
  9. USB AUDİO CODEC DOESN'T SEEN

USB AUDİO CODEC DOESN'T SEEN: I have behringer um2 usb audio interface. When I watch the offical behringer setup video they says just plug it to your comtuper your audio interface but notihng happened on my windows 10 laptop normally when I was plug it in the notfication center notficate notice usb audio...
  10. USB Stick not working on any device

USB Stick not working on any device: Hi there, I have a Kingston USB 3.0 stick of 16 GB. It's fairly new. It was working fine since i got it but now is just stopped working and I was wondering if there is any way I could save it. When I insert it into a PC it makes the usual "device connected" sound but...