Windows 10: A VB6-Based System Cannot Display Hong Kong Chinese Characters in Win10

Discus and support A VB6-Based System Cannot Display Hong Kong Chinese Characters in Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have a VB6-based system running fine and displaying correct HK Chinese characters when install in Win 7. But HK characters are turned into "?"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CLws, Jan 15, 2020.

1. CLws Win User

A VB6-Based System Cannot Display Hong Kong Chinese Characters in Win10

Hello. I have a VB6-based system running fine and displaying correct HK Chinese characters when install in Win 7. But HK characters are turned into "?" when I install it in Win10.

I included HKSCS characters in all the keyboard options already. I can type and see special HK characters.

It seems to be the problem of the VB6 system.

To resolve, what do I need to amend in the VB6 program?

Please advise. Thanks!

:)

2. How to display non-Chinese date when Regional Format is set to Hong Kong

Hi Vasile,

I'm the one having this issue, while Peter only made a suggestion.

Changing the settings as you describe works as expected, but because date format and currency are both linked to the Regional Format setting, I can't set the currency to be Hong Kong while avoiding a Chinese language date format.

The fundamental issue is that in order to have my currency set to Hong Kong dollar, I need to set my regional format to Hong Kong, but this causes my date to be formatted with Chinese characters, which I can't read.

It would appear that [Hong Kong SAR (English)] is missing as a regional setting.

Thanks anyway,

Brian

Brian Mair, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Joekw1702 Win User
    Language availability for Chinese Traditional, Hong kong SAR

I have followed exactly all the steps 1-9 form you link provided
    "They've already released a work around regarding the said matter. Please refer to this link: "Chinese
    (Hong Kong SAR)" language unavailable in Windows 10 clean install

However it does not work and the result is still the same. The selection for Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong SAR) still remains grey out.

Joe

Joekw1702, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Chinese Hong Kong Traditional Handwriting Disappeared.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select
      Control Panel.

• Select Language and click on
      Add a Language.

• For Traditional Chinese, select "Options" for your Hong Kong regional language settings.

• If you have already selected "Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)",
      you must first remove it before you can install the Hong Kong version.

• Select "Download and install language pack" to install these optional handwriting and display language features.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

How to add an input language to your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-add-an-input-language-to-your-pc#v1h=tab01

Language packs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. A VB6-Based System Cannot Display Hong Kong Chinese Characters in Win10 - Similar Threads - VB6 Based System

2. How can I remove the Hong Kong SAR keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Hong Kong SAR keyboard?: I think all the keyboard should be listed out in the Language Preferences. However, I cannot find the Hong Kong SAR keyboard in setting for me to remove.please advise....
  3. How can I remove the Hong Kong SAR keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the Hong Kong SAR keyboard?: I think all the keyboard should be listed out in the Language Preferences. However, I cannot find the Hong Kong SAR keyboard in setting for me to remove.please advise....
  4. How to display Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters: Found some nice pix of those finger mountains in Zhangjiajie, China, and (since also slowly learning Chinese) would like to _include_ Chinese characters in their file titles, _without_ changing my default UK English input/display language. The Chinese characters display fine,...
  5. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  6. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  7. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  8. VB6 on Win10

VB6 on Win10: Hello All, I have an EXE which was written in VB6 edition. It uses a "Comm Port" and lists all the available COMM ports of the system in a drop down. This EXE works well on Win7 and Win8. But, when we use this EXE (developed in VB6) on Win10 OS, then dropdown containing...
  9. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...
  10. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...