Windows 10: a very persistent problem; How can I get rid of the 3 second lag when i press a shortcut...

Discus and support a very persistent problem; How can I get rid of the 3 second lag when i press a shortcut... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; you can give shortcuts in the start menu a global hotkey. problem is, for some reason, they have a 3 second lag. e.g, you press the key, and it opens 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chineseshillbot1993, Nov 3, 2020.

1. a very persistent problem; How can I get rid of the 3 second lag when i press a shortcut...

you can give shortcuts in the start menu a global hotkey. problem is, for some reason, they have a 3 second lag. e.g, you press the key, and it opens 3 secs later. so what i found on the internet was; disable superfetch and application framehost. i tried to disable superfetch in the reg editor, not sure if it worked. and i renamed application framehost, so it doesnt boot up automatically anymore.

but i still do have that input lag. what do?

submitted by /u/chineseshillbot1993
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chineseshillbot1993, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

how to get rid of shortcuts

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

This shortcut will not affect your Internet Speed. For internet speed issue please follow the steps below.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Issue: 10 broken shortcuts

You can get rid of this shortcuts by performing Disk cleanup, but if you perform Disk cleanup then you will not be able roll back to previous version. If you don’t want to go back to previous version then perform Disk Cleanup it
    will remove the Windows.old file permanently.

Method 1: To open Disk Cleanup:

a) Press Windows key + R

b) Type: %windir%\system32\cleanmgr.exe

c) Hit Enter on your keyboard

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Tkosj Win User

a very persistent problem; How can I get rid of the 3 second lag when i press a shortcut...

1-3 second lags

So this started like last week where i get these small lags when my pc freezes for like 1-3 seconds. It can happen when i play games or just browsing. It happens probably like 2 times every hour. This is a problem for me because when i play csgo and im shooting towards someone and everything just lags and i die. It's a small problem but it is really frustrating.
    I have been googling for solutions but i haven't found anyone yet.

Specs:
    Nvidia gtx 760 2gb
    i5-4460 3.2 GHz
    Seagate SSHD 1TB
    500W Corsair

Tkosj, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

a very persistent problem; How can I get rid of the 3 second lag when i press a shortcut...

1. a very persistent problem; How can I get rid of the 3 second lag when i press a shortcut... - Similar Threads - very persistent problem

2. How to get rid of these shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of these shortcuts?: So, I had WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux. I unregistered Debian and uninstalled both the WSL and Debian apps. The problem is that the Debian shortcut is still here and it's annoying. Anybody know how to fix this?...
  3. How to get rid of these shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of these shortcuts?: So, I had WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux. I unregistered Debian and uninstalled both the WSL and Debian apps. The problem is that the Debian shortcut is still here and it's annoying. Anybody know how to fix this?...
  4. How can I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of this?: https://imgur.com/a/0iZvsDT I literally couldn't give less of a fuck about religion. I don't need that shit pushed to me by my OS. This appeared this morning. How can I get rid of it? submitted by /u/BoltCloud [link] [comments]...
  5. How can I get rid of this problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get rid of this problem?: I want to block everything linked to **** my laptop, *permanently*. I want it parmanently even there is no chances to get back. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-this-problem/03d26cd5-16f7-4200-911c-45e719233efa
  6. Can I get rid of the second recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I get rid of the second recovery partition: Hello. I just registered to this forum. I don't know if I post this question in the right category. I want to install Linux but use dual boot, to keep Windows. I haven't been able to prepare a partition. (I did make a shrink of C: but it could be max 25 GB, but the freed...
  7. plugged in shows on screen every 3 seconds. how do i get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugged in shows on screen every 3 seconds. how do i get rid of it.: see above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plugged-in-shows-on-screen-every-3-seconds-how-do/c5e22753-3e01-4c79-81f2-f99015eb0bf4
  8. how can i get rid of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get rid of...: this is in my background as a ghost user, and cannot get rid of it.... it' some kind of SID file.... its using 50% of my memory to run antivirus... S-1-15-3-1024-3153509613-960666767-3724611135-2725662640-12138253-543910227...
  9. How do i get rid of this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i get rid of this problem?: on my taskbar I try to use the calculator or get mail and keep getting this message. This has just started happening after updates from Microsoft. explorer.ex class not registered....
  10. 3-second lag when launching programs

in Windows 10 Support
    3-second lag when launching programs: UPDATE: Well, I suffered with this for a number of months, but the recent major update (2015/11/11) seems to have fixed it, so case closed. Hi, I'm an ex programmer and I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. I have a desktop with an Intel i5, and a Gigabyte motherboard...