Windows 10: A Very Specific Keyboard Problem

Discus and support A Very Specific Keyboard Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the subject states, I have a very specific problem with my keyboard and I've struggled for a LONG time to get a fix for it. I have a gaming laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RileySW, Apr 21, 2020.

1. RileySW Win User

A Very Specific Keyboard Problem

As the subject states, I have a very specific problem with my keyboard and I've struggled for a LONG time to get a fix for it.

I have a gaming laptop running on a semi-old version of Win10 Home- not every recent update is installed. List of all installed updates, according to my control panel, is attached Sometimes, when I launch a game, my keyboard inputs, andonly the keyboard inputs, seem to lock up. Inputs will outright fail most of the time, and when one does work, it becomes stuck as if sticky keys were enabled. If Ihold CTRL, however, everything magically seems to fix itself- inputs work normally so long as CTRL is held.

It's a very bizarre issue, and I seem to be the only one that has it, as the internet has yet to give me a path to a fix. I've updated my drivers, and all seems to be well. I have not had any sort of viruses or malware.

A Very Specific Keyboard Problem 84f71a35-d83b-49e9-87e4-5783f5a621d1?upload=true.png

:)

RileySW, Apr 21, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Apr 21, 2020
  4. A Very Specific Keyboard Problem

Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

A Very Specific Keyboard Problem

1. A Very Specific Keyboard Problem - Similar Threads - Very Specific Keyboard

2. Specific keys on my keyboard stop working at times and this happens very frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific keys on my keyboard stop working at times and this happens very frequently: For some reason, the E,C,D and 3 keys on my kyboard stop working randomly at times but work normally in other times,however, when i log into Linux on the same device on linux, it works perfectly fine...
  3. Specific keys on my keyboard stop working at times and this happens very frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific keys on my keyboard stop working at times and this happens very frequently: For some reason, the E,C,D and 3 keys on my kyboard stop working randomly at times but work normally in other times,however, when i log into Linux on the same device on linux, it works perfectly fine...
  4. Very specific problem I couldn't find a solution for. Details below

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Very specific problem I couldn't find a solution for. Details below: Whenever I boot up my pc, it shows the lock screen and when I click to proceed to the login screen, it takes a lot of time for it to load. It's just a blurred wallpaper and nothing else. Of course some things such as the buttons for shut down/restart/sleep and the ease of...
  5. Very specific problem I couldn't find a solution for. Details below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very specific problem I couldn't find a solution for. Details below: Whenever I boot up my pc, it shows the lock screen and when I click to proceed to the login screen, it takes a lot of time for it to load. It's just a blurred wallpaper and nothing else. Of course some things such as the buttons for shut down/restart/sleep and the ease of...
  6. Very specific problem I couldn't find a solution for. Details below

7. Very Specific Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Specific Help: Hello. My laptop has a Num Lock right above the trackpad and I was wondering if I could bound that to the login password. Something along the lines of this: Laptop Starts and Asks for Login > I press the num lock key > laptop unlocks and goes to desktop. I would really...
  8. Secondary keyboard for specific software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary keyboard for specific software: I use a software called VMIX which allows us to make unlimited keyboard shortcuts. Can i add secondary keyboard via USB which is directly connected to that software only and also pass commands to it even when the software is in background or minimised.?...
  9. BSOD at very random times, no specific times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at very random times, no specific times.: Hi guys, I keep on getting BSOD screens when using my laptop. It is very random, sometimes it happens whilst I am working in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator or even just when I am browsing the web. At first I thought it might be the display driver, but I did a clean install...
  10. App-specific keyboard shortcuts

App-specific keyboard shortcuts: I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications, shortcuts specific to an application don't work. Is there a fix for this problem? 32635