Windows 10: a vga monitor

Discus and support a vga monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980. now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by martinjq, Feb 12, 2019.

1. martinjq Win User

a vga monitor

hi

I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980.

now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my vga monitor.

I have tried running it through various adapters . i.e vga to dvi and hdmi to vga. hdmi to dvi. all no good.

if I connect to the onboard graphics its ok. luckily I have other pc to connect to and the hdmi works fine on them.

but not the vga monitor.

win 10 does not detect the monitor at all through the new card .

tried to run it as a second monitor. win10 does not detect it.

please help its driving me insane.!!!

should I roll back drivers for the gtx 1060 ?

not selling the monitor as its a great 28" viewsonic

regards

m

:)

martinjq, Feb 12, 2019

2. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
    Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I needed to use my work computer with the my monitors, so I unplugged both without shutting down my desktop. When I went to plug in the monitors, I had some trouble getting them to display. I eventually got my primary monitor working via a HDMI cable. However, the VGA connected monitor was not being detected.

Problem: I've tried to use the Windows Key + P to setup the computer for extended desktops. However the monitor is still not detecting a signal from my machine and the machine does not detect the monitor.

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers on the graphics card.
    • I've tried a system restore to a period prior to the problem.
    • I tried purchasing a cable that converts the VGA port to an HDMI connection at the monitor and that didn't help.

I'm somewhat proficient with computers and at a point where I don't know of any other solutions. I talked with somebody at Best Buy where I purchased the machine, and the suggested it could be faulty hardware. Given the number of people experiencing the same problem, I suspect that's not the case. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Favorite414, Feb 12, 2019
  3. my acer aspire laptop dosent detect external vga monitor .

Hi Sivaram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    This issue might be happening because of the faulty drivers. That’s the reason you are getting intermittent connection on external monitor.

However, you may try the below suggested steps.

Step 1: Try connecting on a different monitor and check if the issue still persists.

Step 2: Try using a different VGA cable to connect with external monitor and check the status of the issue.

Step 3: Update display driver adapters

You may refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    and check the status of the issue.

Step 4: Check for an updated Video driver on the

Acer drivers and Manuals page

For more information you may also refer
    troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 12, 2019
  4. a vga monitor

VGA signal

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, we would be needing to clarify the situation first. Kindly provide the information we need below:

• Can you confirm if you have purchased a new monitor since your previous monitor is defective?
    • Was the old monitor using VGA cable and the new one is only using HDMI?
    • Have you tried using a different VGA/HDMI cable to connect to monitors?

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

a vga monitor

1. a vga monitor - Similar Threads - vga monitor

2. how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7.: how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-my-tv-as-a-monitor-while-connected/e1626c4f-563c-4d82-8ef3-4115e194761f
  3. how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7.: how do i use my tv as a monitor while connected via VGA plug?Iam currently running windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-my-tv-as-a-monitor-while-connected/e1626c4f-563c-4d82-8ef3-4115e194761f
  4. MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect

MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect: I just bought MOKiN USB-C HUB and using Dell XPS 15 which I want to connect two external monitors with HDMI and one monitor with VGA connection but VGA monitor cannot detect.Kindly some one help me on this issue....
  5. MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOKiN USB-C HUB 2HDMI and 1VGA monitor but VGA cannot detect: I just bought MOKiN USB-C HUB and using Dell XPS 15 which I want to connect two external monitors with HDMI and one monitor with VGA connection but VGA monitor cannot detect.Kindly some one help me on this issue....
  6. My monitor randomly turns off and on again while gaming VGA to HDMI converter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor randomly turns off and on again while gaming VGA to HDMI converter: Hi, my monitor turns off when I am playing games in specific areas, I think it is the adapter I use to convert from vga to hdmi because before this monitor did not give problems. I have not tried any drivers because it seems to be a common problem with many solutions but none...
  7. My monitor randomly turns off and on again while gaming VGA to HDMI converter

My monitor randomly turns off and on again while gaming VGA to HDMI converter: Hi, my monitor turns off when I am playing games in specific areas, I think it is the adapter I use to convert from vga to hdmi because before this monitor did not give problems. I have not tried any drivers because it seems to be a common problem with many solutions but none...
  8. My monitor randomly turns off and on again while gaming VGA to HDMI converter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Why won't Win11 recognize my VGA and HDMI monitors separately?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Win11 recognize my VGA and HDMI monitors separately?: I connect two external monitors to an HP envy 2 in 1 laptop through a USB-C hub connected to the USB-C port. Both displays are accurately identified when connected one at a time but show up as combined with connected at the same time "HDMI+VGA 1780". I can extend the display...
  10. Why won't Win11 recognize my VGA and HDMI monitors separately?

Why won't Win11 recognize my VGA and HDMI monitors separately?: I connect two external monitors to an HP envy 2 in 1 laptop through a USB-C hub connected to the USB-C port. Both displays are accurately identified when connected one at a time but show up as combined with connected at the same time "HDMI+VGA 1780". I can extend the display...