Windows 10: a vga monitor

Discus and support a vga monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980. now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by martinjq, Feb 12, 2019.

1. martinjq Win User

a vga monitor

hi

I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980.

now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my vga monitor.

I have tried running it through various adapters . i.e vga to dvi and hdmi to vga. hdmi to dvi. all no good.

if I connect to the onboard graphics its ok. luckily I have other pc to connect to and the hdmi works fine on them.

but not the vga monitor.

win 10 does not detect the monitor at all through the new card .

tried to run it as a second monitor. win10 does not detect it.

please help its driving me insane.!!!

should I roll back drivers for the gtx 1060 ?

not selling the monitor as its a great 28" viewsonic

regards

m

:)

martinjq, Feb 12, 2019

2. VGA Port Not Broadcasting to Second Monitor

Machine: Lenovo - Ideacentre 300S Desktop - Intel Core i3 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
    Processor Model: Intel 4th Generation Core i3
    Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Backstory: I had my computer setup and working properly with dual monitors. I needed to use my work computer with the my monitors, so I unplugged both without shutting down my desktop. When I went to plug in the monitors, I had some trouble getting them to display. I eventually got my primary monitor working via a HDMI cable. However, the VGA connected monitor was not being detected.

Problem: I've tried to use the Windows Key + P to setup the computer for extended desktops. However the monitor is still not detecting a signal from my machine and the machine does not detect the monitor.

• I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers on the graphics card.
    • I've tried a system restore to a period prior to the problem.
    • I tried purchasing a cable that converts the VGA port to an HDMI connection at the monitor and that didn't help.

I'm somewhat proficient with computers and at a point where I don't know of any other solutions. I talked with somebody at Best Buy where I purchased the machine, and the suggested it could be faulty hardware. Given the number of people experiencing the same problem, I suspect that's not the case. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Favorite414, Feb 12, 2019
  3. my acer aspire laptop dosent detect external vga monitor .

Hi Sivaram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    This issue might be happening because of the faulty drivers. That’s the reason you are getting intermittent connection on external monitor.

However, you may try the below suggested steps.

Step 1: Try connecting on a different monitor and check if the issue still persists.

Step 2: Try using a different VGA cable to connect with external monitor and check the status of the issue.

Step 3: Update display driver adapters

You may refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    and check the status of the issue.

Step 4: Check for an updated Video driver on the

Acer drivers and Manuals page

For more information you may also refer
    troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 12, 2019
  4. a vga monitor

VGA signal

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, we would be needing to clarify the situation first. Kindly provide the information we need below:

• Can you confirm if you have purchased a new monitor since your previous monitor is defective?
    • Was the old monitor using VGA cable and the new one is only using HDMI?
    • Have you tried using a different VGA/HDMI cable to connect to monitors?

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

a vga monitor

1. a vga monitor - Similar Threads - vga monitor

2. Estoy tratando de conectar mi computadora portátil Aspire al monitor externo usando el VGA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Estoy tratando de conectar mi computadora portátil Aspire al monitor externo usando el VGA: Estoy tratando de conectar mi computadora portátil Aspire al monitor externo usando el VGA. Pero el monitor muestra la pantalla de mi computadora portátil solo por un segundo y luego se vuelve negra....
  3. Adding a second monitor to a Dell computer with only a VGA port

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a second monitor to a Dell computer with only a VGA port: I have a Dell laptop which has only a VGA monitor port for adding a second monitor. How can I attach a second monitor using this VGA port and still make use of virtual desktop? If I add the second monitor it automatically opts to use the chip set that monitor 1 is using and...
  4. Cannot connect monitor using VGA extension mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect monitor using VGA extension mode: I am trying to connect my Aspire laptop to the external monitor using the VGA. But the monitor shows my laptop screen only for a second and then it turns black. How can I connect them? I think some drivers are missing....
  5. my acer aspire laptop dosent detect external vga monitor .

my acer aspire laptop dosent detect external vga monitor .: I m using acer aspire laptop . I connected my laptop to external monitor which is having VGA extension mode., than the external monitor is showing display for one second and immediately screen turns black , I think no display , again if I change resolution in my laptop than...
  6. How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port: Hello: I have Dell Desktop with Intel integrated graphics card. There's is only one VGA port in the back of the tower. I do see what appears to be an HDMI port directly above that. I'd like to add another monitor so as to have an extended display. I did try a USB to VGA...
  7. How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port

How do I add Monitor for Extended Display: Only one VGA Port: Hello: I have Dell Desktop with Intel integrated graphics card. There's is only one VGA port in the back of the tower. I do see what appears to be an HDMI port directly above that. I'd like to add another monitor so as to have an extended display. I did try a USB to VGA...
  8. 2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10

2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10: I have windows 10 now and I wanted to use multiple monitors, I have both connected to my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti one through HDMI (This one works fine) and I have one running through a DVI-D to VGA adapter which connects to my other monitor and it doesn't work. I've tried...
  9. Windows 10 no longer seeing VGA monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 no longer seeing VGA monitor: Latest Windows 10 update caused no signal to VGA monitor. How can this be remedied - I tried rolling back but this just reinstalled latest Windows 10 with same result....
  10. Can someone explain which adapter will work for a VGA monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can someone explain which adapter will work for a VGA monitor: So i got a monitor with HDMI and VGA only. my graphics card (Gtx 1070) has HDMI and DVI-D Dual Link only. I tried connecting the monitor to the pc with hdmi but it didnt work, i got no signal, i dont know what to do, how do i get image on my monitor? i saw something about...