Windows 10: A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

Discus and support A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; SO i was using winrar, and for some reason it says i dont have enough space, the download in winrar was 45 gb, before i used winrar i checked how much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RAT Productions, Jul 7, 2021.

1. A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

SO i was using winrar, and for some reason it says i dont have enough space, the download in winrar was 45 gb, before i used winrar i checked how much space i had and i had 190 gb, during the extraction i get a error saying no disk space, but i should have some disk space, I've deleted all viruses, I've used ccleaner, I've used antiviruses, and for some reason im still not getting my space back, ive tried using the defrag tool and that didnt work.

:)

RAT Productions, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jul 7, 2021
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 7, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

Windows 7 System disk ate up free space

I don't have Threat Sense enabled on my ESS :c what else could there be? I just ran windows update that failed a dozen times and then it ate up my hdd space :c

psyko12, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

1. A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!! - Similar Threads - VIRUS ATE LOTS

2. What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?: So I found this on the ProgramData folder. Inside the ProgramData folder, I see an folder saying "MicrosoftEdgeTasker". I opened it up and saw a very big program that weighs 1.03 Gigabytes 1,107,384,576 bytes, 1,107,386,368 bytes on disk. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  3. What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?: So I found this on the ProgramData folder. Inside the ProgramData folder, I see an folder saying "MicrosoftEdgeTasker". I opened it up and saw a very big program that weighs 1.03 Gigabytes 1,107,384,576 bytes, 1,107,386,368 bytes on disk. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  4. What is the EdgeTaskeUpdater, and why is it taking a lot of space on my disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Failed - Disk full" error but a lot of space left.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Failed - Disk full" error but a lot of space left.: Im trying to download something thats 4.4 GB on my D drive which is empty and has 100 GB and when its at 4 GB it says "Failed - Disk full" when i have a whole lot of space....
  6. A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!: SO i was using winrar, and for some reason it says i dont have enough space, the download in winrar was 45 gb, before i used winrar i checked how much space i had and i had 190 gb, during the extraction i get a error saying no disk space, but i should have some disk space,...
  7. Antimalware taking up a lot of RAM and disk space

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware taking up a lot of RAM and disk space: I was checking task manager and my antimalware started taking up a lot of RAM and disk space and I couldn't run any applications. I ran windows defender offline scan and it still went on. What do I do?...
  8. Lots of lots of lots disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lots of lots of lots disk usage: Hi I have 16gb memory. Running applications: Delphi xe10.2 Android + emulator eclipse + java Firefox Performance shows around 8gb memory taken. Still, when moving (back) to eclipse (for example), there is a lot of disk usage (swapping I guess) and eclipse is showing first...
  9. System Recovery Uses a LOT of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Recovery Uses a LOT of Disk Space: I have nothing loaded onto my laptop (because there's no room!!!) yet 72.9GB (of 110) is allocated to System Recovery. When I search for answers I'm pointed toward system restore points and setting max disk space. You can see that I've set max disk space at 2% but that's...
  10. Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space

Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space: Setup Background: Recently, with the help of a handful of fine folks here, I moved all of my data files to a separate hard drive (D:\) and moved all program/OS files to a new, 10,000RPM drive (C:\) then used the original drive (identical to D:\) to set up RAID 1. After all...