Windows 10: A virus deleted my antivirus somehow

Discus and support A virus deleted my antivirus somehow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A couple days ago a shortcut disappeared from my desktop. I didn't pay much attention to it until today when I realized it was the shortcut for AVG. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skure24, Oct 14, 2020.

1. A virus deleted my antivirus somehow

A couple days ago a shortcut disappeared from my desktop. I didn't pay much attention to it until today when I realized it was the shortcut for AVG. I tried to open AVG and looked for the install folder and it seems that AVG was uninstalled from my computer somehow. Immediate after realizing this I installed malware bytes and initiated a scan to find that there were almost 70 system files on my pc which malware bytes labeled as malicious.

Does anyone know if it is possible for a piece of malware or a virus to uninstall an antivirus or can other programs uninstall them automatically?

submitted by /u/Skure24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skure24, Oct 14, 2020

2. XFX RX470 runs 100% GPU Load in Idle

best antivirus is you! btw for surfing i suggest to use a virtual machine. if u get a virus just delete it!

PerfectWave, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

Here is the list of some top antivirus software :

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
    Kaspersky
    AVG Anti-Virus
    Avast! Pro
    Avira

Regards
    Jane

janeparker, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Niarod Win User

A virus deleted my antivirus somehow

Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

A virus deleted my antivirus somehow

1. A virus deleted my antivirus somehow - Similar Threads - virus deleted antivirus

2. Antivirus thinks my game is a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus thinks my game is a virus: Hello!I made a game using "unity" and made an installer for it using "Inno setup compiler"I tried sending the installer to my friends but their windows defender said it found a virus in the file even though there are no viruses in there.Is there a way to make my game...
  3. Antivirus thinks my game is a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus thinks my game is a virus: Hello!I made a game using "unity" and made an installer for it using "Inno setup compiler"I tried sending the installer to my friends but their windows defender said it found a virus in the file even though there are no viruses in there.Is there a way to make my game...
  4. Antivirus SOMEHOW blocks FModel.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus SOMEHOW blocks FModel.: Hi, I've been trying to install FModel but it just won't let me for some reason. I've checked the Norton logs and they said they allowed it so what's the issue here? what do I do? I know that if i disable antivirus, it automatically enables after a day and I won't be able to...
  5. I somehow deleted windows app from my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I somehow deleted windows app from my pc.: Please help me. Ive tried everything, even resetting the whole pc. I dont want to factory reset. It's my last resort if whatever im doing now does not work. I have tried so many ways to reinstall the windows store app/microsoft store app and none of them have worked. I tried...
  6. virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus

virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus: Last week i have changed my antivirus from Macfee to NPAV,however now Windows virus and threat protection is not detecting antivirus. this is resulting in slowing down of laptop due to two scan working at same time.any solution?...
  7. Antivirus deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus deletion: Sir how to delete SysWOW64/msi.dll from my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-deletion/461c37d1-1ae2-4096-a37c-485292e25b4e
  8. Emsisoft antivirus caught the 10 virus

Emsisoft antivirus caught the 10 virus: emsisoft was scanning my pc, then caught some 10 viruses.I hit the emergency kit and the virus has been removed my pc away. My pc seems good.. thumb up . *Smile 132852
  9. Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus is showing msi.dll file as virus: My Quick heal antivirus is showing C:\Windows\SysWOW64|\msi.dll as virus. Everytime on startup and even on logging in it prompts the warning notification.. Its happening after i updated my windows recently.. [ATTACH]...
  10. Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!

Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!: OK, I have some problems with Windows home 10 Swedish. I get error messages that .Net has done an exception 5-10 times / day and other small strange things happen. I was tired of this so I went for a full scan and did not find anything. I installed (one at a time) fsecure,...