Windows 10: A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it

Discus and support A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded a file from YouTube and opened it... it asks for administrative privileges, which is normal. I gave it admin privileges and it immediately... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AKFAWGaming, Jan 4, 2019.

1. A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it

I downloaded a file from YouTube and opened it... it asks for administrative privileges, which is normal. I gave it admin privileges and it immediately started installing over 20-30 apps, viruses, and changing system settings. I quickly turned Airplane mode on, I opened Task Manager and disabled all startup apps, closed most app installers, and noticed a notification saying "Windows Defender Virus Scanner is not running.", so I restarted my PC hoping it would startup (I didn't disable automatic startup for it) when my PC booted I tried to run Windows Defender Virus Scanner to fix the problems, and it says, "PAGE NOT AVAILABLE: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." I closed the Pop-up and went to Virus and Threat Protection, and all settings are disabled. What does this mean and how exactly do I fix it, and can I fix without cleaning my Hard Drive? I cleared all the installed apps and most virus files.

If you need the app names which changed settings...

soldier.exe

Intercoastal.exe

They were both opened 7-8 times each, and still has 7-8 Auto-Startup Icons, I deleted each 3-5 times

(Multiple Locations)

App that I think is a Virus...

YzU1YmNlNTNjYWJhY.exe

(Location is in C:\Program Files\ZWY2ODhlMzIwNTM4YjF)

App I'm not sure about...

gdapgutsvc.exe

(Location is in System folder, unsure which one)

:)

AKFAWGaming, Jan 4, 2019

2. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Jan 4, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Jan 4, 2019
  4. A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it

Windows defender couldnt be enable after being disabled

Hello Imtiaz,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Have you installed any third-party security software on your computer?

• Are you using administrator account?

• Is the computer connected to domain?

• Did you try restarting the computer and check?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

update the group policy and check.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Gpupdate and press enter.

• Then try enabling the Windows defender in group policy and check.
    This issue usually arises when you have installed a security software on your computer. From Windows 8 onwards, the Windows Defender is equipped with all the functionalities of an anti-virus software including real-time protection which was not
    present in Windows Defender in Windows 7.

Method 2

If you have any third-party security software installed, I would suggest you to uninstall thatsoftware and then upgrade to Windows 10. As it is not recommended to keep more than 1 anti-virus software with real-time protection.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable/uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable/uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Whenever you install a third-party security software in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, it automatically disables Windows Defender to avoid conflicts.

Method 3

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on the windows defender.

• Type control panel in the search box.

• Choose the Action Center under
      System and Security option.

• You see the notification that Windows defender is turned off below the
      Security label. Hit the Turn on now tab to active the Windows Defender again.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it

1. A Virus Disabled Windows Defender Security Center and I Can't Re-Enable it - Similar Threads - Virus Disabled Defender

2. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  3. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  4. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center: Hello,I had an IT expert configure and optimize my computer a couple of days ago.I have now realized that one of his actions was to disable multiple services through "services.mcs".This he said was for faster startup and performance. However, I really wish to use Windows...
  5. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center: Hello,I had an IT expert configure and optimize my computer a couple of days ago.I have now realized that one of his actions was to disable multiple services through "services.mcs".This he said was for faster startup and performance. However, I really wish to use Windows...
  6. Cannot enable Microsoft Defender or the Security Center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender

I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender: Hi team, hi mates I have a problem. I can't open Security Center and Windows Defender. Windows Firewall, at first, is ok. Three days ago I formatted my computer and I install Windows Enterprise 10. Everything is fine but, suddenly, I lost the control of the computer. The...
  8. Can't disable Windows Defender after re enabling it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Windows Defender after re enabling it: I enabled Windows Defender to scan some files. Now when I try to disable it by writing 1 to DisableAntiSpyware I get error writing value's new contents. I have tamper protection disabled and also tried using Group Policy but also didn't work. My laptop runs slower and heats...
  9. Windows Defender Disabled and wont re enable

Windows Defender Disabled and wont re enable: So heres the deal. A little while ago, my windows security center started acting up. It keeps giving me a message that my access has been limited ( see attached screenshots) Ive tried everything i can think of short of gpedit (windows home so i aint got access) Ive used...
  10. Can't re-enable Win Defender

Can't re-enable Win Defender: I disabled Win Defender in order to troubleshoot Thunderbird. I can't re-enable, because the option is now greyed-out - see screenshot. Please advise me how to re-enable Win Def. Thanks. 132209