Windows 10: A virus got the security center and the update center not working

Discus and support A virus got the security center and the update center not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, so a few days back I got a virus named winlogui and winrmsrv, the firewall asked permission and I accepted it, after searching I found that it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yazid_281, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Yazid_281 Win User

A virus got the security center and the update center not working

Hi all, so a few days back I got a virus named winlogui and winrmsrv, the firewall asked permission and I accepted it, after searching I found that it was a virus and immediately removed the rule, I tried to open the windows security center but it came up as shown in the pictures, and I get a message error when I try to search for an update note that I had the possibility to update to windows 2004 but the trojan removed it. How could I repair this mess?? I tried to sfc /scannow but it didn't work and dism did not too. I removed the malware before trying to restore those things using Malwarebytes, it actually found 32 threats and removed them. A virus got the security center and the update center not working 567dae9b-0c3c-4e3b-aa97-d5d206af8256?upload=true.png A virus got the security center and the update center not working d048a9d8-7d33-4f54-b56b-98c344a5ef6e?upload=true.png A virus got the security center and the update center not working cc6b94e8-7b35-492c-b33a-003a5c191d6a?upload=true.png

:)

Yazid_281, Jul 23, 2020

2. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

A virus got the security center and the update center not working Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin A virus got the security center and the update center not working :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 3, 2020
  4. A virus got the security center and the update center not working

Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

A virus got the security center and the update center not working

1. A virus got the security center and the update center not working - Similar Threads - virus got security

2. windows security center is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security center is not working: scan for threats doesnt work, i cant turn on real time protection, and everything else just says i need administrator, left of the screen the navigation is also blank...
  3. windows security center is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security center is not working: scan for threats doesnt work, i cant turn on real time protection, and everything else just says i need administrator, left of the screen the navigation is also blank...
  4. windows security center is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center: My win Defender and my whole system is now broken cause of the security center i cant turn it on or restart i cant even update windows ples help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-center/1c12daa7-9691-49cf-8617-36f02b57992b
  6. Security Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center: My win Defender and my whole system is now broken cause of the security center i cant turn it on or restart i cant even update windows ples help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-center/1c12daa7-9691-49cf-8617-36f02b57992b
  7. Security Center

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. security center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security center: how do i get mcafee security off my pc. i have purchased nortons and installed but i cant get rid of mcafee. it just wont uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-center/733b71c2-9c97-4fb0-b0f2-694b1960b649
  9. Defender Security Center is not working!!!!!!

Defender Security Center is not working!!!!!!: Well my Windows Defender Security Centre is not working properly after I changed the administrator of my Dell laptop and deleted the account of previous administrator. It is showing this error...…. [IMG]...
  10. Security Center

Security Center: Why after any restart does Security Center ask to set up OneDrive. I use personal OneDrive for some personal files, about 500mg of space. I don't need it for anything more. If I open Security Center and click on "Virus Protection" the message goes away, until the next...