Windows 10: a warning message appearing on screen about window license

Discus and support a warning message appearing on screen about window license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have laptop with pro window 10 activated by organization. from few days this warning is appearing on my PC screen that " your window license will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mohsin Ajnabi, Jun 26, 2019.

1. a warning message appearing on screen about window license

I have laptop with pro window 10 activated by organization. from few days this warning is appearing on my PC screen that " your window license will expire soon you need to activate window in settings

:)

Mohsin Ajnabi, Jun 26, 2019

2. After upgrading to Windows 10, Security warning appears blocking most websites

Hi Claude,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer both?
    • Are you connected with any VPN connection?

This problem can occur if the client computer's clock is set so that the date/time is later than the expiry date of the web server's SSL certificate.
    I suggest you to check and verify the Date and time are set properly. If issue persist, kindly perform the below given steps and check if it works.

• In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).

A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 26, 2019
  3. warning message when startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the warning message and slow performance. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter.

It finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if this issue persist.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Method 3: I suggest you to install he pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 26, 2019
  4. ianpps Win User

a warning message appearing on screen about window license

Taskbar locks on startup, unrecognised warning message

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I have made some progress with this but my problem is still ongoing.

I tried both the clean boot and the safe boot. I was unable to draw any conclusions as the problem persisted. After the clean boot, the warning message did not appear and the taskbar was even less responsive. After the safe boot, the task bar did not appear and some programs would not run at all.

I also ran full Malwarebytes and Kaspersky scans, but no errors were found.

I have not been able to create another user - trying to open Settings locks the taskbar again, and in Control Panel/User Accounts, it just hangs if I try to create a new user.

I contacted the support desks of both developers with products using the name Nlib or NLib. The first, SMLib, said it could not be their product as it does not output such a message and it has nothing to do with images. The second, CodePlex, does appear to be the product that gives the warning message. Some of their projects involve the production of splash pages, so there appeared to be a connection.

The first application to install automatically when I start the laptop is Ashampoo Snap. It usually opens with a small splash page, so I thought it was suspect. When I tried to start the application, I got another warning message, again with the label "NLib". So this seems to be the application that gave the original warning message.

To see if the application was actually causing the problem, I uninstalled it, and restarted the laptop. The result was the same, an inactive taskbar, but without the message. Again, after a while, the taskbar became active, but with limited access to applications. The problem is just the same, so the Ashampoo Snap message is a symptom, not the cause.

It seems to me, therefore, that the problem arises before the computer tries to open applications. Based on the error message that I got when I tried to reinstall Ashampoo Snap, "Setup was unable to create the directory ... Error 5: Access is denied", I think the problem may have to do with permissions. I am the only user and my account is an admin account.

Just to summarise what the laptop is doing on startup: I log in to my account, the background appears accross my two screens, the taskbar appears, the battery/network/volume icons appear, also the clock (although it doesn't increment). I can open the Task Manager - there are no applications running but the background and Windows processes are listed. (I can provide a list of the running processes if they would help.) I have Classic Start Menu and True Launch Bar installed on my taskbar and they are both inactive initially. After a period of at least 15 minutes, the taskbar becomes active, but many of the applications will either not run at all, or have limited functionality.

Does all of this give you any further ideas? I am loathe to spend too much time on this - it might be quicker to reinstall Windows 10 and my applications from scratch (although it would take me full day to do it!)

ianpps, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

a warning message appearing on screen about window license

1. a warning message appearing on screen about window license - Similar Threads - warning message appearing

2. After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...: After the most recent Microsoft update, my excel file when saved has a warning message about a ~$ file which appears grayed and uses the same file name. I can't access it but I see a warning message. Why is this appearing and how do I stop it? I can't access the file itself....
  3. After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...: After the most recent Microsoft update, my excel file when saved has a warning message about a ~$ file which appears grayed and uses the same file name. I can't access it but I see a warning message. Why is this appearing and how do I stop it? I can't access the file itself....
  4. After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Having a warning about my Windows License is about to expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a warning about my Windows License is about to expired: Having a warning about my Windows License is about to expire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-warning-about-my-windows-license-is-about/2e04a159-bfc5-417e-be41-e8e4d39436b5
  6. Having a warning about my Windows License is about to expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a warning about my Windows License is about to expired: Having a warning about my Windows License is about to expire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-warning-about-my-windows-license-is-about/2e04a159-bfc5-417e-be41-e8e4d39436b5
  7. Message about Microsoft windows license expired

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Message about Microsoft windows license expired: Just received a voicemail message informing me that my microsoft window license has expired on my computer and left a phone number for me to call. I tried calling microsoft windows tech support but didn't get through. Is this a scam?...
  8. Having a warning about my Windows License is about to expired. any help with this

Having a warning about my Windows License is about to expired. any help with this: License expiring soon. I recently did an update and running slow but the window License warning comes one now more often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-warning-about-my-windows-license-is-about/8a361572-cb56-47ce-b25f-d14cf9418e47"
  9. Popup warning that Windows 10 license is about to expire

Popup warning that Windows 10 license is about to expire: For the past two weeks or so I have been getting popups (every day, 2-8 times a session) warning that my Windows 10 license is about to expire. The message is worrying as I am in the middle of a work project. The popup has two buttons, "Go to settings" and "Close". When I...
  10. Message appears on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message appears on screen: Windows\System 32\LogilDA.dll. What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-appears-on-screen/e4c665f6-abb7-4ef7-80ea-59a613edb419