Windows 10: A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface?

Discus and support A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If anyone knows a way? I found "forcebind" program but dunno if it works with windows 10? and i cant find how you UNbind if u make a mistake(?)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user_982396, Mar 3, 2020.

1. A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface?

If anyone knows a way? I found "forcebind" program but dunno if it works with windows 10? and i cant find how you UNbind if u make a mistake(?)

Thanks

submitted by /u/user_982396
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/user_982396, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Scr3w1912 Win User
    Bind specific Apps to specific network interface

Hello, I have 2 network interfaces, one is a slow unmetered low-speed/high-ping and the other one is a high-speed/low-ping metered connection. I would like to know if it's possible to set some apps to use only the low speed network interface and other apps
    (like online-games) to use only the high speed connection.

Thanks

Scr3w1912, Mar 3, 2020
  4. MrChris Win User

A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface?

How to delete old network interfaces?

So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet (DockerNAT)', because one already exists (true, I have upgraded the version and one did exist previous to that upgrade).

I've had a look using NetworkInterfaceView (NetworkInterfacesView - show network adapters/interfaces information), and I see a number of old (disabled but not deleted) network interfaces:

A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface? [​IMG]

However I can't find any way to delete these old interfaces; I've uninstalled HyperV and rebooted - still there.
    I tried registry hacking but made a mess and had to restore from a backup (the listing was gone, but the CLSID was used elsewhere I guess and it's still causing issues).

So; any ideas?

MrChris, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface?

1. A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface? - Similar Threads - forcebind application specific

2. is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?: I was wondering wether it is possible to use 2 different ethernet connections and restrict one application to only use 1 specific connection. I do have 2 different wan addresses....
  3. is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to restict an application to use a specific ethernetport or network?: I was wondering wether it is possible to use 2 different ethernet connections and restrict one application to only use 1 specific connection. I do have 2 different wan addresses....
  4. Interface blur in applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interface blur in applications.: Hello everyone, I'm having a display problem in some applications. The interface blurs several times a minute. Screen scale 100%.Looks like the UI is being stretched from a lower resolution....
  5. Interface blur in applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interface blur in applications.: Hello everyone, I'm having a display problem in some applications. The interface blurs several times a minute. Screen scale 100%.Looks like the UI is being stretched from a lower resolution....
  6. Is there a way to mute my mic for specific applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to mute my mic for specific applications?: For example if I want to only mute my mic for Firefox but not for Discord,so that people can't hear me in the homeschooling session but I can still talk with my friends on discord. Is that possible on Windows? Cause you can do that on Linux. submitted by /u/Toadfield...
  7. Cause of latency problems - ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cause of latency problems - ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS,...: Two day ago all audio had gone back to having enough clicks and pops to drive anyone crazy, weather on the HDMI Pioneer, Bluetooth or cabled speakers. Today it is perfect. Fortunately, for the first time, I have before and after capture from LatencyMon so it's easy to pick...
  8. How to increase the interface of a specific program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to increase the interface of a specific program?: I have a 13 inch screen, using evernote is extremely inconvenient but I need to. To enhance the Windows interface I know how. But I need to increase it evernote. Help please[ATTACH]...
  9. Any way to restrict P2P updates to specific networks?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any way to restrict P2P updates to specific networks?: Is there any way to restrict the peer to peer sharing of Windows Updates (WUDO, just so this shows up in searches) to only specific local networks? I know I can say to get/share updates with PCs on the local network, or local plus internet. But I'd like to restrict this...
  10. Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection: Hi all, I do a lot of networking and often connect various USB Ethernet and WiFi NICs, in addition to the internal ones. Over time, these add up to tons of Ethernet 1, 2, 3 etc and Network 5, 8, 10, etc. I usually ignore it. But how does one clean it up? This has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to force an app to a specific interface