Windows 10: A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order

Discus and support A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I may have asked this question before...can't remember. Someone on this forum helped me get my Firefox folders alphabetized. Now I'm wondering if... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order

I may have asked this question before...can't remember. Someone on this forum helped me get my Firefox folders alphabetized. Now I'm wondering if there's a way to get the files in those folders to STAY in alphabetical order. I know you can click "sort by name" and they will temporarily be in ABC order, but it seems to me that I was able to get files on my desktop running Windows Vista to stay in order. Is there a way to do that or is my memory failing me?

:)

Fred22, Jul 1, 2016
  2. SK1941 Win User

how to make a folder and keep them in the ABC etc format

I want to put some favorites in folders and then Keep them in order.

SK1941, Jul 1, 2016
  3. how to make a folder and keep them in the ABC etc format

Click on the folder to open it and then right click on the favorites and Sort By Name. Same for IE and Edge.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order

1. A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order - Similar Threads - files firefox folders

2. Is there a way to list files in a folder in a specific order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to list files in a folder in a specific order?: I have several thousand folders containing PDF files. By default the files are listed like this:file-afile-a_Xfile-bfile-b_Xfile-cfile-c_XIs there a process or an app I can use to change their order so they are listed first with all the files with no "X", then all the "X"...
  3. Is there a way to list files in a folder in a specific order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to list files in a folder in a specific order?: I have several thousand folders containing PDF files. By default the files are listed like this:file-afile-a_Xfile-bfile-b_Xfile-cfile-c_XIs there a process or an app I can use to change their order so they are listed first with all the files with no "X", then all the "X"...
  4. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  5. Put Word doc list in abc order

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Put Word doc list in abc order: How do I change a Word 2013 doc. list into abc order 160103
  6. Attaching files issue, they are not in abc order when searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching files issue, they are not in abc order when searching: How do I correct the fact that when I search for a file to save as an attachment, the folders in my document folder are in ABC order but the files are not. This takes a lot of time having to go through all the individual files to find the file I want to attach .I use Word...
  7. ABC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ABC: helllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp my pc heating cpu 100% went i startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/abc/96c262eb-09ad-478f-b8c4-beb79d4724df
  8. ABC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ABC: helllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp my pc heating cpu 100% went i startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_start-windows_10/abc/96c262eb-09ad-478f-b8c4-beb79d4724df
  9. Put files in firefox folders in abc order

in Browsers and Email
    Put files in firefox folders in abc order: With the help of someone on this forum, I finally got all my folders in alphabetical order, now for the files. I know that you can click on "sort by name" and the files will be in alphabetical order, but is there a way to keep them in order? It seems to me that on my desktop...
  10. How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order?: [img] As can be seen from my snip, my folders are not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to do this? I can arrange the files in the folders that way, but they don't stay...next time I go back they're in random order again. On my Vista desktop, I can arrange both folders...