Windows 10: A way to read the entire notification?

Discus and support A way to read the entire notification? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep getting notifications that pop up for various programs, but the entire text of the notification isn't displayed in the box when you click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/candis_stank_puss, Nov 23, 2019.

1. A way to read the entire notification?

I keep getting notifications that pop up for various programs, but the entire text of the notification isn't displayed in the box when you click the notification icon in the bottom right corner. And once you click on the box, it disappears rather than display the rest of the message. Are these notifications in their entirety displayed somewhere? The individual programs that are triggering the messages aren't displaying them, so how are you to know what the whole message says? I'm particularly interested, because one message keeps saying that there is an issue with a component of one of the programs, but the notification only displays a message that says which file is causing the error and then says "Reason: File Name..." and then trails off without saying what's causing the error with the individual file.

submitted by /u/candis_stank_puss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/candis_stank_puss, Nov 23, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Any way to read old alerts in windows 10?

when i try to read alerts in the action centre, they disapear.

Is there a way to view a list of previous notifications?

option.search, Nov 23, 2019
  4. A way to read the entire notification?

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

A way to read the entire notification?

1. A way to read the entire notification? - Similar Threads - read entire notification

2. Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?: Probably there is no solution for the below, I ask it nonetheless.When launching applications, e.g. Excel, when launched a 2nd time - i.e. Excel running twice - then I always have to shift-drag the application in order to have the application displayed entirely. Windowed...
  3. Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?: I play an older game which works in full screen in a small resolution like 1366x768 or something similar. As it is right now, the game only takes up a small area in the center of the screen, where ideally I'd like it to be the whole height of the screen with black bars on the...
  4. Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?: I play an older game which works in full screen in a small resolution like 1366x768 or something similar. As it is right now, the game only takes up a small area in the center of the screen, where ideally I'd like it to be the whole height of the screen with black bars on the...
  5. Is there a way to combine Windows notifications ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to combine Windows notifications ?: Hi guys, Whenever I turn on my computer I get a bunch of rapid fire notifications for all the things I already recieved on my phone. Is there a way to group notifications together into one per app or a way to cancel all from a certain app just up to that point? Thanks...
  6. Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?: Is there a way to whitelist a file, folder or entire flash drive in/from Defender? Every time I open the folder to software *I* have written, Defender flags much of the contents as a "Potential threat" and quarantines them. Ditto for a flashdrive I store all my utilities on...
  7. Is there a way to disable security notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a way to disable security notifications?: I get repeated popups telling me to check my antivirus software I have Fprot and Malwarebytes running in addition to Windows Defender and I must have clicked on "See fewer notifications" a hundred times by now. All this is is noise and jabber; is there a way to simply turn...
  8. Is there a way to associate an entire class of files with an application on Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to associate an entire class of files with an application on Windows?: I think this is a question to either people who took part in developing at least the Shell APIs in Windows or those documenting these APIs, as published at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/shell-entry. I have read a large number of articles under the...
  9. READING NOTIFICATIONS

READING NOTIFICATIONS: I HAVE NOTIFICATIONS TURNED ON, WINDOWS 10. when I CLICK ON THE NOTIFACATIO TO READ THE CONTENT, IT DISPEARS. WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-notifications/dab305c6-24ee-438d-ba29-e240cffc1e9c
  10. Is there a way to change the notification area

Is there a way to change the notification area: Hi, I use Windows 10 OS. Everyday when I login to my laptop, there will be quite a number of new emails to outlook. These notifications appear on the bottom right hand side. As these numbers are many, I am unable to use any other icons there in the quick launch for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 read whole notification