Windows 10: a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer

Discus and support a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; animated cg, but only animation not the model from rendering. it's over 2000 frames, lots of excess so reduce file size and it would still look smooth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, Oct 23, 2020.

1. m18xr2 Win User

a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer

animated cg, but only animation not the model from rendering. it's over 2000 frames, lots of excess so reduce file size and it would still look smooth. 2000 frame animation for game has many facing angle so it is repetitive, and a single set rule (which I could adjust) of file/frame selection or deletion in windows explorer (or a software) would apply to all facing angle which is what I am looking for.

either .bat or even selecting files are fine, are there any feature that comes with window, or if anyone know a software that could do this, or simply the command to do this through cmd .bat and the like would help.

pls help

:)

m18xr2, Oct 23, 2020

2. File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Oct 23, 2020
  3. xypha Win User
    Open With on multiple files?

you can do this using a workaround by using "Send to" on the right click context menu in Windows File Explorer. Here's how

Step 1 - Add Chrome shortcut to SendTo folder so that chrome may appear in the send to menu.

SendTo folder:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

This can be done in one of several ways. I will mention one of the easiest below.

• Right-drag the Google Chrome shortcut that was created on the Desktop when Chrome installed, or the Chrome shortcut in the Start menu, to the SendTo folder and select Copy.

Note: Right-click this shortcut, select Properties, and confirm that the Target field contains no command line options, just the path + file name for Chrome.

Step 2: Select the 16 JPGs, right click, go to "Send to" & select "Google Chrome".

That's it. All JPGs will open in Chrome, each in its own tab.

I use this with Firefox, but it should work with Chrome too.

a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer AOrAC.png

Troubleshoot #1

If Google Chrome doesn't appear in the "Send to" menu, try restarting Windows File Explorer from Task Manager.

Troubleshoot #2

If the JPGs open in multiple windows, you might want to consider installing an extension in Chrome to prevent this behaviour. I suggest One Window.

xypha, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. a way to select multiple files on a rule in explorer - Similar Threads - select multiple files

2. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't select multiple files in file explorer: Hi, I have an issue where I can't select multiple files in file explorer. This problem only occurs in the small window that web browsers give you to upload a file to a website. I also can't select a time range by clicking the titleex: all the files i downloaded today,...
  3. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't select multiple files in file explorer: Hi, I have an issue where I can't select multiple files in file explorer. This problem only occurs in the small window that web browsers give you to upload a file to a website. I also can't select a time range by clicking the titleex: all the files i downloaded today,...
  4. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  6. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  7. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problem: Automatically selecting multiple files in File Explorer.

Problem: Automatically selecting multiple files in File Explorer.: Hi For some reason my computer which runs Windows 10 started to select multiple files in File Explorer automatically. For example, when I single click a file followed by single clicking a file 5 positions below, all 6 files are highlighted the behavior that would have been...
  9. Can't select multiple Microsoft files in File Explorer

Can't select multiple Microsoft files in File Explorer: I can't select multiple Microsoft files in File Explorer. I select a file and my whole computer lags / freezes. It does select eventually. I go to select while pressing shift and my whole computer freezes again and the action isn't completed. It's only Microsoft files. I can...
  10. Problem selecting multiple files in Windows explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem selecting multiple files in Windows explorer: I'm using a new laptop running on Windows 10 64-bit. Since installing Office 2019 I have been having a few problems. The first problem is that I cannot select multiple Office files in Windows explorer. If I try, explorer freezes for about 15 seconds and then reverts back to...