Windows 10: A way to set different DPI settings for various apps?

Discus and support A way to set different DPI settings for various apps? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just wondering if this is possible, I mainly keep my computer hooked up to my TV and my scaling is set to 125%, generally this is fine for everything,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wiretap, Aug 6, 2015.

1. wiretap Win User

A way to set different DPI settings for various apps?

Just wondering if this is possible, I mainly keep my computer hooked up to my TV and my scaling is set to 125%, generally this is fine for everything, however there are some apps (particularly, Readily, from the windows store) that could be at 150% or so. Is there a way to give this app a custom parameter (Nothing in the apps settings that I could find) like this while retaining 125% for everything else?

:)

wiretap, Aug 6, 2015
  2. BossDweeb Win User

KOTOR 1 on Windows 10

"but which one does KOTOR need? "

It's more a case of which graphics processors won't work, than which ones the game needs.

Post your graphics brand and model and we should be able to determine if it is capable of running the game.

If you don't know where the DPI setting is it likely to be at default 100%. but there are several options for

changing the DPI level -

1) (the 'old' way) Open Control Panel > Dispaly > Change size of items.

- Because Win10 wants to be different they sort of hide the option, but they underline

set a custom scaling level.

This opens what used to be called the DPI setting.

Here you can drag the mouse along the scale to come up with a custom DPI setting.

A higher DPI makes things bigger on the Desktop.

2) (the 'new' more convoluted Win10 way ) Open Settings > System > Display>

Advanced display settings > Advanced sizing of text and other items > and proceed as above.

a) Or, a bit quicker - R/click on the desktop and select Display Settings > etc. as above.

BossDweeb, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Why there is a massive UI scaling difference in Windows 10 v/s Windows 8

What DPI is your system running at? Generally Microsoft Store applications should handle DPI changes excellently. Older applications may have differing levels of DPI support, and if the system is running at a non-100% DPI setting that might be challenging
    to them.

zachd [MSFT], Aug 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  5. wiretap Win User
    Bummer. Oh well, guess I'll just have to sit up a little bit on my couch when using that app. God, how awful!*chuckle

wiretap, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A way to set different DPI settings for various apps? - Similar Threads - set different DPI

2. Why is there a huge difference in DPI settings between 145% and 150%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a huge difference in DPI settings between 145% and 150%?: I've had a problem very occasionally with some programs that don't take into account that some people will select a different DPI setting and their text spills over so its not visible. Thankfully this is rare. But I just noticed when I changed from 150% to 145% there was a...
  3. Why is there a huge difference in DPI settings between 145% and 150%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a huge difference in DPI settings between 145% and 150%?: I've had a problem very occasionally with some programs that don't take into account that some people will select a different DPI setting and their text spills over so its not visible. Thankfully this is rare. But I just noticed when I changed from 150% to 145% there was a...
  4. different ways to set gpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    different ways to set gpu: I have a gpu that wont run as my default display due to it being incompatible, but it runs my minecraft java edition on it. its a nvidia Geforce GT 540m, but my minecraft win 10 wont run on my nvidia gpu. is there a way to set the gpu through cmd or PowerShell or something?...
  5. Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%?: Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%? Im talking about version1809 so old methods where working for this are not working anynmore here in this version, if anyones knows how to do this even with 3rd party application plish tell me, thanks. - 123339
  6. DPI Settings

DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...
  7. Setting lock screen DPI different from the rest

Setting lock screen DPI different from the rest: Hi, I use a custom DPI of 150% . But I'd like to keep only my lock screen at its 100% DPI/zoom. Is that possible? Please help.. 13091
  8. 10074 DPI settings??

in Windows 10 Support
    10074 DPI settings??: I cannot figure out where the DPI settings have gone in this version, and google is not helping either. No matter what I change, everything is staying small. Anyone know where they have moved this configuration? 5975
  9. How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set different DPI scaling for different monitors, and KEEP it: I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest update of Windows10, and a LG Ultrawide monitor. I have set the display settings manually, and I have reviewed them using the regedit -- and everything works fine and I'm happy with the settings: I have the Surface Pro display set...
  10. DPI Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    DPI Settings Not Working: We just got our first Surface Pro 4 tablet in. I'm working on testing it now. For the moment, I have it docked and connected to two 19" monitors. The desktop is extended across all 3 screens. I have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" settings as follows:...