Windows 10: A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

Discus and support A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi! My work recently switched from Google Calendar to Outlook, and the whole process has been a bit confusing for me. I still primarily use Google... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mechacontext, Jun 26, 2018.

1. A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

Hi!

My work recently switched from Google Calendar to Outlook, and the whole process has been a bit confusing for me. I still primarily use Google services for just about everything and I'd ideally like to keep it that way. Is there a way to have all my Outlook events show up in my Google Calendar? I don't mean in the sense of a single export, because events are being added all the time, but on a recurring basis? So:

- When an event is created or modified in Outlook on my work server, it updates my Google Calendar with that event.

I am aware that there is a way to 'view' both in a single calendar on Android and iOS, but I would really like to see it on the web client/Chrome App instead. The Outlook events showing up as actual events on the calendar would make my Google Home usable for this purpose as well, whereas having it in a view does not do that.

If there is any way to accomplish this, I'm down to look into it!

Thank you!!!

:)

mechacontext, Jun 26, 2018

2. Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 26, 2018
  3. 1Norquay Win User
    1Norquay, Jun 26, 2018
  4. Tacit Win User

A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

Tacit, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

1. A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar? - Similar Threads - sync Outlook calendar

2. Windows 10 calendar not syncing all categories from google calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 calendar not syncing all categories from google calendar: I have web calendars added and some other split (like reminders and tasks) on G calendar but the windows calendar doesn't show the web added ones or the split categories and change the name of the birthdays to contacts. It's gotten very nnyong and bad i was wondering if...
  3. Trying to sync outlook calendar with google calendar using same Live e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to sync outlook calendar with google calendar using same Live e-mail: I'm using my Live account for Google Calendars but my calendars shared with me on Google by other users does not sync and show up on my Outlook Calendar. Any ideas?...
  4. calendar -- sync to web calendar

calendar -- sync to web calendar: I wish to add an online webcal to the calendar app in windows. When I click on adding a calendar all that comes up is sports and holiday calendars. I know the url for the calendar I wish to add, but I do not see where I can enter it. Help!!!!...
  5. Outlook vs Calendar App (working with Google Calendar)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook vs Calendar App (working with Google Calendar): Hi, I'm really confused. I use a corporate Google account for my email and calendar (and contacts). I'm having trouble syncing this calendar (so that I can not only see appointments, but also add and amend them) in Outlook. Email is syncing perfectly fine. If I use the...
  6. Edge calendar and Google calendar

Edge calendar and Google calendar: Hi. As all my machines are pre loaded with Windows 10 so I have finally decided to embrace Microsoft Edge. I have been using Google Chrome for years including Google Calendar and love the colour coding. I can tell from a mere glance what is expected of me that day. I cannot...
  7. Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar

Syncing Win 10 Calendar App with Google Calendar: Hello, I use live.com for email, Windows 10 for my laptop, and Android for my smart phone. I have some events saved on my Google Calendar and some events saved on my Windows 10 Calendar app. I'd like the two synced so I followed these directions (How to use Google Calendar...
  8. Calendar Sync

Calendar Sync: I'm playing around with the calendar app and can't get it to sync. I have put different reminders in calendar on my desktop, laptop and Win 10 phone. None of the reminders show up on the other devices. Mail works Ok. What do I need to do to get the reminders to show up in all...
  9. Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App: Hello everybody, my online outlook calendar does not sync with my Windows Calendar app. I am talking about the online calendar which can be accessed after sign-in here: Prihláste sa do svojho konta Microsoft which for me used to always take all the information from my...
  10. calendar sync?

calendar sync?: Does anyone know if there is a way to sync the calendar in 10 with my iphone calendar; or is this something that probably wont happen until way down the line? 3887