Windows 10: A weak signal problem

Discus and support A weak signal problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a router provided by my ISP which puts out a 5GHz signal download speed at around 18-20MBs and an upload from 2- 4MBs upload. Now I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ICIT2LOL, Nov 21, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

A weak signal problem

I have a router provided by my ISP which puts out a 5GHz signal download speed at around 18-20MBs and an upload from 2- 4MBs upload.
    Now I have a laptop I use in my sitting room that through a TP-Link RE505X extender only down loads at 2-4 MBs.
    If I use the laptop next to the extender the downloads rises to anything from 14- 18 MBs and what I am thinking of is installing another one of those extenders in between the sitting room and the existing extender that it might daisy chain the signal to my sitting room at something approaching a decent download speed.
    Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Nov 21, 2020

2. wi-fi signal is weak

Hey Jonian,

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect network settings.
    • Network adapter is not working properly.
    I suggest you to try the steps listed here and check if it fixes the issue or else contact your ISP for weak signal.

Method 1: I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps to fix network connection issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article which will help to fix common issues with network connection. Check if it helps.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 21, 2020
  3. weak internet signal

Hi Lindy,

If you're referring to the Wi-Fi signal being weak on your laptop, it may be due to the following factors: location of your router or wireless modem, distance of your laptop from the Wi-Fi source, or could be that the wireless adapter on your laptop needs
    updating.

For us to sort this out, help me verify the following:

• Are you using a router or a wireless modem?
    • If yes, where is it located and how far is it from your laptop?
    • Can you detect other wireless network in the area? If yes, how's the signal?

In the meantime, please update the wireless adapter on your laptop. For the steps, please see the link,

Update drivers in Windows 10

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 21, 2020
  4. A weak signal problem

N97 weak signal reception

I have the NAM N97 for 3 weeks now and I am having a weak signal reception on some places that I never had this problem before when I was using the 5800 !! yesterday at was at starbucks in broadway and the people around me where using their phones for calling
    and messaging while my N97 showed the messgae ' NO Signal' when I finished my cofee and about to leave the place the phone showed a weak signal ( one bar ) when I reached the main enterance and when i went out the signal returned to normal !! today at the
    hospital 1st floor at showe 1 bar only and sometimes tha signal went off completely !! I checked my brothers E71 and it had 3 Bars !!

Does anybody have the smae problem (Weak Signal) ? do I have to send it for repair ? at home and in open areas the phone shows full signal or at least 3 Bars !

ahmadddd---01, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

A weak signal problem

1. A weak signal problem - Similar Threads - weak signal problem

2. Weak available wifi signals disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weak available wifi signals disappear: I have approximately 7 wifi signals that initially pop up when my wifi is first enabled when i'm sitting on my couch.i can easily connect to my home wifiafter a few minutes the weaker network connections dissapear from the list of available networksif i turn the wifi off an...
  3. Weak available wifi signals disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weak available wifi signals disappear: I have approximately 7 wifi signals that initially pop up when my wifi is first enabled when i'm sitting on my couch.i can easily connect to my home wifiafter a few minutes the weaker network connections dissapear from the list of available networksif i turn the wifi off an...
  4. WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?: WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-signals-very-weakhow-can-we-boost-those-weak/843f6885-ca54-4fcc-b3c6-067b312846c6
  5. WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?: WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-signals-very-weakhow-can-we-boost-those-weak/843f6885-ca54-4fcc-b3c6-067b312846c6
  6. WIFI SIGNALS VERY WEAK.HOW CAN WE BOOST THOSE WEAK SIGNALS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Bluetooth headphone receiving weak signal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headphone receiving weak signal: I have a Bluetooth headphone Edifier W800BT that works fine in other devices like smartphone, iPad and Linux systems. But when I try to use it on Windows I get a really bad signal even when I'm standing right in front of my laptop. The quality of the audio drops and it's just...
  8. Weak signal

Weak signal: My wife's computer and my computer are on the same home wifi network. Her signal is strong. Mine is very weak. I don't know what do to get my signal strength back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weak-signal/814061d4-09bc-47e0-ac14-f6b62c1fbe0a
  9. weak wifi signal

weak wifi signal: hi everyone i´m runnig a toshiba win 10 my wifi signal is weak and sometimes i cannot connect connect to the network at least that´s what´s written on the wifi window although it works perfectly on all my devices. loging off the wifi happend multiple times and i wish...
  10. Wifi shows weak signals

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi shows weak signals: Hi hello, Windows Community, I have a problem after updating my Windows 10 to updated version with the Wi-Fi, I am not able to connect initially so I keep on tried so finally I connected to network but with weak strength and when I connected the same network with my mobile...