Windows 10: a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu

Discus and support a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sirs, I tried to type in rottentomatoes.com (a website of movie reviews) and must have mistyped something, because I got a web page warning me of an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gidman, Oct 1, 2015.

1. gidman Win User

a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu

Sirs,
    I tried to type in rottentomatoes.com (a website of movie reviews) and must have mistyped something, because I got a web page warning me of an error, and then it greyed out all the browser, so I can't get at the menu to clear the cache and get rid of this obviously malware webpage.
    Is there any way to clear everything from Microsoft Edge without getting blocked by this webpage?
    -- G

:)

gidman, Oct 1, 2015

2. Drop Down Menus not working

Hi,

I have a 1020. At a number of WebPages, I have discovered that dropdown menus do not work, preventing me from navigating to other pages. For example, the "More" link at
    http://www.fusionio.com/. Anyone have a solution?

karlo1020lumia, Oct 1, 2015
  3. dropdown menus not working on Windows Phone 8

Hi,

I have a Lumia1020. At a number of WebPages, I have discovered that dropdown menus do not work, preventing me from navigating to other pages. For example, the "More" link at
    http://www.fusionio.com/. Anyone have a solution?

giancarlo88, Oct 1, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Yes. The easiest way...

1. Start Task Manager (CRTL+ALT+DLT) and end Edge.
    2. Unplug your internet cable (or whatever)
    3. Clear you cache with CCleaner
    4. Open Edge and close the page.
    5. Reconnect to internet.

lx07, Oct 1, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    It blocked your access to it for security. If you eneter the correct URL it works. Yes CCleaner will clear it.

Gary, Oct 1, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Oct 1, 2015
  7. gidman Win User
    They helped me get rid of it. One trick was to type a URL into Word, then use CTRL-click in word to open a new tab in Edge that was not covered up by the gray screen. Then the cache could be cleared. I will take a look at the link about "Edge hacked".

gidman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu - Similar Threads - webpage edge prevents

2. Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting: Periodically, there is an Update of something that resets Edge and Windows and deletes my settings. How do I prevent this?EDGE: The settings I lose are these - default search engine - search engine used for address bar - default home page when I open browser - default page...
  3. Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting: Periodically, there is an Update of something that resets Edge and Windows and deletes my settings. How do I prevent this?EDGE: The settings I lose are these - default search engine - search engine used for address bar - default home page when I open browser - default page...
  4. Preventing Edge From Auto-Launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing Edge From Auto-Launching: I keep deleting the MicrosoftEdgeAutoLaunch entry from the registry but it keeps getting put back.Please, don't tell me it has no impact on startup. True or not that excuse is too old.What if I allowed 10 programs run at startup with each having little impact. It adds up.How...
  5. Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.: I found a website that I wanted to pin to my start menu, but with this new update to Microsoft's Edge browser I can't seem to find that feature. I did find the option to pin a page to the taskbar or even pin a tab within Edge itself, but I already have several webpages pinned...
  6. IPv6 is stopping me from browsing webpages.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IPv6 is stopping me from browsing webpages.: Hi there, I was recently facing an issue with my PC, my computer was not connecting to most of the webpages and was throwing an error "Can't connect securely to this page" after it failed to do a TLS handshake with the server. So I posted a query in community and I was...
  7. edge will not print webpage

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge will not print webpage: Ms Edge will not print webpages. Using a HP Pavilion Desktop Soft Ware build A1NAv6PrA6 When I visit a website that is offering a coupon I click on the websites coupon button and nothing happens. I then try printing from MS Edge using setting Print and again nothing...
  8. Xbox insider hub login issue preventing me from playing Halo Reach Alpha?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox insider hub login issue preventing me from playing Halo Reach Alpha?: I am trying to play the halo insider Program for the Halo Reach Alpha on my PC. When I download the Xbox insider hub and try to login I get a message that says "There's a problem Access is denied. (exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005) (0x8007005)" Things that I have done to...
  9. Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge: I have freshly installed windows 10. Everything was OK but today I cannot use chrome anymore [img] and Edge browser has some issues as well [img] . I even installed antivirus and scanned the whole disc but nothing found. Where's the problem? 142164
  10. Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge: Odd problem here. When using the site www.ava.org, the links across the top like Clubs and Events should have drop downs. On Windows 7 and 8, the dropdowns work fine with the latest version of Firefox, Chrome and Opera. On Windows 10, the dropdowns only work in Edge. I have...