Windows 10: a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu

Discus and support a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sirs, I tried to type in rottentomatoes.com (a website of movie reviews) and must have mistyped something, because I got a web page warning me of an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gidman, Oct 1, 2015.

1. gidman Win User

a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu

Sirs,
    I tried to type in rottentomatoes.com (a website of movie reviews) and must have mistyped something, because I got a web page warning me of an error, and then it greyed out all the browser, so I can't get at the menu to clear the cache and get rid of this obviously malware webpage.
    Is there any way to clear everything from Microsoft Edge without getting blocked by this webpage?
    -- G

:)

gidman, Oct 1, 2015

2. Drop Down Menus not working

Hi,

I have a 1020. At a number of WebPages, I have discovered that dropdown menus do not work, preventing me from navigating to other pages. For example, the "More" link at
    http://www.fusionio.com/. Anyone have a solution?

karlo1020lumia, Oct 1, 2015
  3. dropdown menus not working on Windows Phone 8

Hi,

I have a Lumia1020. At a number of WebPages, I have discovered that dropdown menus do not work, preventing me from navigating to other pages. For example, the "More" link at
    http://www.fusionio.com/. Anyone have a solution?

giancarlo88, Oct 1, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Yes. The easiest way...

1. Start Task Manager (CRTL+ALT+DLT) and end Edge.
    2. Unplug your internet cable (or whatever)
    3. Clear you cache with CCleaner
    4. Open Edge and close the page.
    5. Reconnect to internet.

lx07, Oct 1, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    It blocked your access to it for security. If you eneter the correct URL it works. Yes CCleaner will clear it.

Gary, Oct 1, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Oct 1, 2015
  7. gidman Win User
    They helped me get rid of it. One trick was to type a URL into Word, then use CTRL-click in word to open a new tab in Edge that was not covered up by the gray screen. Then the cache could be cleared. I will take a look at the link about "Edge hacked".

gidman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu - Similar Threads - webpage edge prevents

2. Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge

in Browsers and Email
    Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge: I have freshly installed windows 10. Everything was OK but today I cannot use chrome anymore [img] and Edge browser has some issues as well [img] . I even installed antivirus and scanned the whole disc but nothing found. Where's the problem? 142164
  3. Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrectly displaying webpages on chrome and edge: I have freshly installed windows 10. Everything was OK but today I cannot use chrome anymore [img] and Edge browser has some issues as well [img] . I even installed antivirus and scanned the whole disc but nothing found. Where's the problem? 142164
  4. Prevent people from accesing any menu's or files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent people from accesing any menu's or files.: Hey! I'm going to place a big touch screen table in a reception so people who have to wait can play simple games on it. Now I am trying to figure out a way to prevent people from accesing anything. They shouldn't be able to close the application of the game and they...
  5. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  6. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  7. Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening: Whenever I use the windows key in a full screen application, it works fine. I do that a second time and it doesn't open. How can I fix this?...
  8. Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge: Odd problem here. When using the site www.ava.org, the links across the top like Clubs and Events should have drop downs. On Windows 7 and 8, the dropdowns work fine with the latest version of Firefox, Chrome and Opera. On Windows 10, the dropdowns only work in Edge. I have...
  9. If I loose internet, will it prevent me from logging in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    If I loose internet, will it prevent me from logging in?: I linked my user account to my Microsoft account. I have unreliable internet sometime. If the internet isn't working, will I still be able to log in to my account? 11372
  10. Start menu and webpages are mostly black

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and webpages are mostly black: I just recently got a new hp laptop and have windows 10 installed onto a flash drive plugged into it due to a lack of hard drive space. For some reason every website i visit and all the menus through start are mostly black. [img] [img] 22624