Windows 10: A weird glitch affecting the keyboard

Discus and support A weird glitch affecting the keyboard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey The arrow keys(cursor keys) in my laptop (HP OMEN 15 2020) are having a wierd glitch where they randomly stop working but every time I restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ut_crush, Apr 13, 2021.

1. A weird glitch affecting the keyboard

1. Hey The arrow keys(cursor keys) in my laptop (HP OMEN 15 2020) are having a wierd glitch where they randomly stop working but every time I restart my laptop they again starts working

2. Also if I logout and then at the time of login (when I'm typing my password) the keys start working again only to stop when I'm logged in again

3. And even the cursor keys on on-screen keyboard would not work

4. Considering points 2 and 3 I think there is issue with the software rather than hardware

5. I have tried reinstalling keyboard driver but the problem still persists

it would be a great relief if anyone here can help me resolve this

submitted by /u/ut_crush
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ut_crush, Apr 13, 2021
  2. bluecew Win User

Weird scrolling glitch

Tried both things. The troubleshooter said there were no problems. Uninstalling the keyboard device also did not work. The weird thing is even after I uninstalled the keyboard device, the glitch keeps happening even though my keyboard doesn't work and
    I can't type. And the problem is definitely not the mouse.

bluecew, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Keyboard Issues

I've tried the suggestions discussed and my number pad is still dead.

After searching for Win 10 keyboard problems here and elsewhere on the net, there are numerous complaints which are not any type of isolated problem and it's not affecting only certain PC makes or configurations...

It is an obvious operating software glitch that MS needs to investigate, address and deploy fixes to make it go away...

DafyddGriffing, Apr 13, 2021
  4. A weird glitch affecting the keyboard

keyboard weird shortcuts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to update the latest keyboard drivers for Windows 10 from the manufactures website if not available then install the driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

A weird glitch affecting the keyboard

1. A weird glitch affecting the keyboard - Similar Threads - weird glitch affecting

2. Fixing weird keyboard spam glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing weird keyboard spam glitch: I have a msi gs66-11ue laptopI've been having a problem where the keyboard sometimes spams keysit looks something like this "my name issssssssssssss"There's no specific time this occurs, or any specific key.One thing i've notices is that all my input gets super slow as if it...
  3. Fixing weird keyboard spam glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing weird keyboard spam glitch: I have a msi gs66-11ue laptopI've been having a problem where the keyboard sometimes spams keysit looks something like this "my name issssssssssssss"There's no specific time this occurs, or any specific key.One thing i've notices is that all my input gets super slow as if it...
  4. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  5. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  6. Minecraft weird glitch!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft weird glitch!: So the past two days my Minecraft has been acting up. Basically, If I have Minecraft in full screen I can't tab back in to the game if I tab out no matter what I try. And sometimes when launching Minecraft it just doesn't let me in and the game just flickers. I don't know why...
  7. Weird glitching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird glitching: So the issue I am currently having is whenever I move my laptop just a tiny bit or if it shakes anything, it goes into this weird black glitchy screen; sometimes the laptop reboots; other times it doesn't; it just sits there and freezes as it crashed, but I have the slightest...
  8. weird glitch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    weird glitch: so whenever im booting some os in vmware doesnt matter if its windows,linux or a custom os it still shows press alt+z to open geforce expericence during the boot of any os and this just started happining after i did a update...
  9. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Glitch: I don't know how to explain but heres a picture Glitch Image When i hover my mouse to the empty places the icons and texts appears. After i close the thing and reopen it, it disappears. Happens to all softwares that has those option things submitted by /u/Hellireddit...
  10. Weird ghosting affect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird ghosting affect?: [ATTACH]Hi i recently had to restart my laptop for something but i notice this strange ghosting effect on my monitor, im sorry if it is something else i had never had this problem before....