Windows 10: A Weird Network Issue on Windows 10

Discus and support A Weird Network Issue on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am facing an exteremely wiered issue from last 3-4 months. Suddenly my Work laptop network starts behaving abnormally/wierd like 1 - WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jsishodia, Sep 18, 2020.

1. jsishodia Win User

A Weird Network Issue on Windows 10

Hi

I am facing an exteremely wiered issue from last 3-4 months.

Suddenly my Work laptop network starts behaving abnormally/wierd like

1 - WiFi will show connected but the icon on system tray goes greyed out and network status will show not connected to internet but itnernet works on Firefox & Chrom but not on IE and Edge stops giving GUI.
    2- Microsoft Teams doesn`t give GUI
    3- CISCO Jabber doesn`t give GUI
    4- Some times outlook shows connected and works fine and some times it doesn`t
    5- In this state I can`t RDP to any system

I have tried doing ( netsh winsock reset,netsh int ip reset,netcfg -d,ipconfig /release,ipconfig /renew,ipconfig /flushdns,ipconfig /registerdns)

1- Checking Drivers ( uninstall/reinstall and update)
    2- Update BIOS etc etc.
    3- Creating new user profile
    4- Not using VPN
    5- A fresh installation from scratch
    6- Contacting HP Support ( they said if after network reset it works its not a hardware issue)
    7- Work Support

Nothing works on this issue except NETWORK RESET and after NETWORK RESET it works like a charm for some hours. Then again same situation. At times I have to do Network Reset 2-3 times in a day and at times in couple of days.

I am uanble to pin point what triggers this ...as I only use Outlook, Teams and VPN ( Global Protect & CISCO Any Connect)
    Initially I suspected its the VPN but after network reset there is no issue at all on anything (VPN or otherwise).
    No one else has reported this in my organization.

I woud be grateful if anyone has any advise on this.

Thanks

:)

jsishodia, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 weird font issue

Hi Jason,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know:

• If the issue is specific to any web-browser?
    • Does the issue also occur with documents saved in your computer?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try in “in-Private” mode and check if it helps. Here is the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+P.
    If the issue still persists, then try login in “Compatibility Mode” and check. See the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on Tools icon and select
      Compatibility view settings
    Share the results and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Network issues after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Method 2. Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. A Weird Network Issue on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Weird Network Issue

2. Weird Network Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Network Issue: Hey guys,i just finished building my new pc and encountered a weird problem:When my Bandwith is fully used e.g. downloading a game on steam, nothing else will load. I can't even google stuff or open any other websites. Google Chrome says the DNS-Adress and Server IP couldn't...
  3. Weird Network Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Network Issue: Hey guys,i just finished building my new pc and encountered a weird problem:When my Bandwith is fully used e.g. downloading a game on steam, nothing else will load. I can't even google stuff or open any other websites. Google Chrome says the DNS-Adress and Server IP couldn't...
  4. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Windows 10 sound issue: I posted questions elsewhere here the Settings section I think , but am getting no answers , so maybe I put them in the wrong location in the forums ... so I will try in this sectionA week ago , I went to a friends house to do a big game update on my desktop gaming PC , and...
  5. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Windows 10 sound issue: I posted questions elsewhere here the Settings section I think , but am getting no answers , so maybe I put them in the wrong location in the forums ... so I will try in this sectionA week ago , I went to a friends house to do a big game update on my desktop gaming PC , and...
  6. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Weird network share issue - not prompting for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird network share issue - not prompting for credentials: Ended up having to do a fresh install of windows recently because my RAID controller gave up the ghost. Installed directly with Win10 2004. Since then I have been having difficulty connecting to network shares from work. In the past, all I would do is connect to work VPN,...
  8. Weird issue regarding network connection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue regarding network connection.: So, I use my laptop on both ethernet and WiFi depending on where I am. In both scenarios, if I use it consistently, the network connection is flawless, as it should be. If I don't touch the laptop, the network connection continues to work perfectly too. But, if I move the...
  9. Weird Windows 10 boot issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Windows 10 boot issue: I am working on a friends Dell Optiplex 9030 all-in-one. it was given to me with a bad hard drive. I replaced it with a Crucial 500 GB SSD. It booted from the Windows 10 installation disk just fine and installed Windows. However, when I restart the computer with no boot disk...
  10. Weird networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird networking: Since W10, I have been truly perplexed. 2 laptops and a desktop, all running Windows 10 Home, all acting differently. For example, the laptops show the wireless network as "JShaw Internet access" the desktop shows "Network 2 Internet access." I don't recall ever setting up a...