Windows 10: a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager

Discus and support a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey so I don't have very much information on this stuff, I'm not the best with computer related business but I do know a little bit, and I honestly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rea, Apr 12, 2019.

1. REA
    rea Win User

a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager

Hey so I don't have very much information on this stuff, I'm not the best with computer related business but I do know a little bit, and I honestly have no clue what's going on (since this isn't even my computer, it's my younger brother's and he asked me for help.) So I was wondering if anyone could help because even I'm stumped? If this is the wrong thd to post to I'm sorry please direct me to a better one, I wasn't too sure where to post this.

The issue that's being experienced is whenever something in the task manager is right clicked to show options, it keeps scrolling down through them all, kinda like if you held the down key while it was open. I unplugged the keyboard assuming that could be the issue and it didn't work, it kept going. I also discovered that the issue carries on to the settings panel and open start menu, basically everything that's not the internet, and it doesn't carry over to a few other apps he said, like Steam and Discord were not affected by it.
    We also ran an anti-virus which didn't detect anything, but from what he described to me he downloaded things and I honestly don't know how trust worthy the anti-virus is (again, I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to computer related stuff, so it could be a good one and I'm just being skeptical.)

So the one thing I can rule out is it being a stuck key or keyboard issue, since it kept happening once it was unplugged. And maybe if the anti-virus is right and not flimsy, it's probably not a virus, but like I said I'm skeptical of it. I lly can't find much on the subject, be it because I'm not entirely sure what to look up word for word, or this hasn't happened to many people, I'm not sure which. But thanks to anyone who ds this and has any information at all, any recommendations or such, thanks again so much! a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager :)

:)

2. Windows 10 Issues with Right and Left Mouse Click

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the delay.

Follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue is resolved:

Step 1:

I would like to suggest that you log into Safe Mode with networking and check if the issue persist, if not try the steps below.

Step2:

I suggest that you update your drivers. Follow the steps below to perform an update.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Mice and other pointing devices”.
    • Find and double-click graphic adapter
      from the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.
    Step 3: Download drivers for 8.1 and install in compatibility mode. Follow the steps below to do so:

• Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 12, 2019
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager ;)

infrared, Apr 12, 2019
  4. a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager

icons are missing when the task manager is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• How are you trying to turn off Task Manger?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager

1. a weird specific issue with right clicking something in task manager - Similar Threads - weird specific issue

2. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  3. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  4. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  5. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  6. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  7. Task manager is being weird

Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  8. when i right click with my mouse something weird happens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i right click with my mouse something weird happens: when I right click with my mouse I get a black screen and then I get a long refresh. some of my apps close https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-right-click-with-my-mouse-something-weird/fe4eaf4b-efe1-40ac-b930-1cc674659f34
  9. task manager right click "restart" option missing

in Windows 10 Support
    task manager right click "restart" option missing: Ill be the first to admit my windows install is far from default. Ive tweaked this or that with winaero tweaker and registry entries to pare down the context menu etc. I often need to restart explorer by right clicking the process in the task manager and the option seems...
  10. Weird issue with Task Manager & Networking tab/info

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issue with Task Manager & Networking tab/info: So im having a weird issue with task manager and im wondering if a means exists to force it. Let me explain. If i open task manager when downloading anything at a reasonable speed, it shows me at 100% utilization. It didnt take long to figure out its interpreting me as...