Windows 10: a white screen overlays my login screen.

Discus and support a white screen overlays my login screen. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, A white screen sits on top of my login screen. The laptop is not frozen. I can see my login page through if. But the login page is not accessible.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mathwand, Apr 23, 2020.

1. mathwand Win User

a white screen overlays my login screen.

Hi,

A white screen sits on top of my login screen. The laptop is not frozen. I can see my login page through if. But the login page is not accessible. I can just view it. How can I get out of this trap?

N.B. browser is FIREFOX

:)

mathwand, Apr 23, 2020
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Apr 23, 2020
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Apr 23, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

a white screen overlays my login screen. [​IMG]

a white screen overlays my login screen. [​IMG]

zinou, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. a white screen overlays my login screen. - Similar Threads - white screen overlays

2. White screen? windows “login” malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen? windows “login” malfunction: Image posted when i turn the computer on it gets me to the login part, i log in, and it shows me this white square. i have tried for 3 hours now to get through, excuse the terms i might use wrong since i’m not english, but i have scanned it and that didn’t work, i have...
  3. White screen? windows “login” malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen? windows “login” malfunction: Image posted when i turn the computer on it gets me to the login part, i log in, and it shows me this white square. i have tried for 3 hours now to get through, excuse the terms i might use wrong since i’m not english, but i have scanned it and that didn’t work, i have...
  4. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  5. White flickering screen after login

White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  6. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. white screen after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    white screen after login: My homescreen will load in normal, all the icons will appear, but before I can open or select anything the entire screen becomes white. I can still access task manager with ctrl alt del. But I'm not sure what else to do. I ran the safe mode troubleshoot and that didnt fix...
  8. An second overlay screen

An second overlay screen: please see the above image . I don't know why but my screen is divided into two and it's appearing like an overlay screen .. it had appeared sometime back and gone on it's own but here it again appeared .. literally I am seeing duplicate images of everything . Please tell me...
  9. Login then boot to white screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Login then boot to white screen: Hi all, A friend brought me a Dell laptop. Sign in and then it boots to a white screen. I can get to task manager and run CMD, explorer and all that. Any advice on what to do now? Update it? Is this a driver problem? network connections doesn't want to come up though or this...
  10. White screen after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White screen after login: I updated my pc last night (HP 20 all in 1 pc) and today when I boot it up and login, it turns into a white screen with my cursor. I was able to move my cursor. I tried to alt+control +delete and open task manager but it didn't appear( I could get into the alt+ctrl+del page...