Windows 10: A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup

Discus and support A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded my setup and bought an NVIDIA graphics card all the latest drivers are installed, which I hooked up to my dual monitors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomerGibor, Feb 25, 2021.

1. A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup

Hi,

I recently upgraded my setup and bought an NVIDIA graphics card all the latest drivers are installed, which I hooked up to my dual monitors.

Sometimes, when I'm using a program on the main monitor, a white vertical line only a couple of pixels wide appears on the edge of the second monitor. However, when I click again on the program running on the second monitor, the line disappears... very strange. It only happens sometimes, but it freaks me out.

I'd appreciate any help possible.

By the way, both monitors are Dell P2319H, running with the same resolution. The machine is running Windows 10 Pro OS build 19042.804.

Thanks in advance,

Tomer

:)

TomerGibor, Feb 25, 2021

2. Single white vertical line on left of monitor

All of a sudden I have a single white vertical line on the left hand side of my screen. The laptop is hardly 6 months old, has never been dropped or damaged and the line does not appear until after start up so I know for a fact it is not hardware. What
    is the fix for this?

Tricia & LesliePremo, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 25, 2021
  4. erehman Win User

A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup

White vertical lines on Nokia 7610 Display

My friend has Nokia 7610, and its display has vertical white lines. I changed its theme but no change. Can anybody help as how to rectify this problem. Should I format the phone to remove these fade vertical lines from the display. Is it because of some
    hradware problem or could it be a software problem?

erehman, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup

1. A white vertical line on the edge of a dual monitor setup - Similar Threads - white vertical line

2. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having trouble running Windows 10 on my desktop. I was watching a video on chrome and it suddenly shows me blue screen error and I restarted it after some long gap like 8 or 10 hours, it works well but after using it for 30 After 45 minutes it shows me blue screen error...
  3. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having trouble running Windows 10 on my desktop. I was watching a video on chrome and it suddenly shows me blue screen error and I restarted it after some long gap like 8 or 10 hours, it works well but after using it for 30 After 45 minutes it shows me blue screen error...
  4. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor setup: I have upgraded my GPU and no longer have a DVI port now 1x HDMI & 3x Display Port so I bought a VGA to DP cable. My second and older monitor is VGA connection and had an adaptor for VGA to DVI. Both monitors are working, but the older monitor is classed as 1 now and not 2....
  5. Vertical Lines on Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical Lines on Monitors: Hello, I'm seeing vertical lines on my Acer Predator Monitors. It is not the drivers, GPU was tested and is good. Everything was fine but recently just started doing this. I get it on both monitors but the pattern does not look the same. I would like to post pictures if...
  6. White line in between dual monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White line in between dual monitor screen: Recently I bought a new PC and connected 2 monitors to it. I noticed that there is a vertical white line at the left hand side of the monitor on the right. It only shows when I am on desktop screen on my monitor on the right, or when I am on the windows on the left monitor....
  7. Dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor setup: I am trying to set up two different screens, but the settings aren't detecting the other monitor. I am using a hp dms 59 to dual vga y split cable adapter, and it doesnt seem to work....
  8. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having a problem with a desktop PC running Windows 10. It had been working fine, but a few days ago, it restarted on its own, and is now booting up to an orange screen with vertical white lines. The desktop is a refurbished Dell Precision T3400. It originally ran...
  9. Dual Monitor Setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Setup: I am trying to connect (2) ACER X183h monitors to my computer (Windows 10). The ACER monitors are VGA connected to a dual VGA --> HDMI adapter. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI port. The computer does not have a VGA port. I've tried to hit the "detect" button on a second...
  10. Dual Monitor Setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Setup?: I have a dell xps 9550 laptop that i connect to an external monitor as my primary monitor. Its syncmaster t240 hd and its 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution. I have an old asus 24' monitor that a while back no longer worked... it stopped working and i brought it to a few repair...