Windows 10: A whole lot of windows explorer

Discus and support A whole lot of windows explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I was playing Call of duty yesterday when suddenly I started stuttering like crazy, I checked task manager to be surprised with an insane... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jb}, Jul 8, 2021.

1. JB}
    jb} Win User

A whole lot of windows explorer

Hey all, I was playing Call of duty yesterday when suddenly I started stuttering like crazy, I checked task manager to be surprised with an insane amount of windows explorers taking up my gpu and memory. I've tried doing disk cleanups and other scans but nothing seems to be working, any ideas on why this is happening?

:)

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

A whole lot of windows explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. A whole lot of windows explorer - Similar Threads - whole lot explorer

2. My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership: Hi There,As the title says, my son did something he "thought" was a good idea so he could access a file. While he is very, very intelligent, what he did essentially broke a lot of things on my PC. To access this file he needed, he changed ownership of my entire C:\ drive to...
  3. My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership: Hi There,As the title says, my son did something he "thought" was a good idea so he could access a file. While he is very, very intelligent, what he did essentially broke a lot of things on my PC. To access this file he needed, he changed ownership of my entire C:\ drive to...
  4. My Genius Son Changed A Whole Lot Of Ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar, clicking icons, and a whole lot more bugging out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar, clicking icons, and a whole lot more bugging out.: I am so mad right now. I have done everything within the forums explanation to fix the problem wherein my taskbar doesnt respond by clicking the icons or start popping up. Another weird thing is when i use my browser it scrolls down uncontrollably. On games such as dota2 it...
  6. Taskbar, clicking icons, and a whole lot more bugging out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar, clicking icons, and a whole lot more bugging out.: I am so mad right now. I have done everything within the forums explanation to fix the problem wherein my taskbar doesnt respond by clicking the icons or start popping up. Another weird thing is when i use my browser it scrolls down uncontrollably. On games such as dota2 it...
  7. Make the Explorer navigation bar take the whole window

in Cortana
    Make the Explorer navigation bar take the whole window: Since the last update to Windows 10, the navigation bar where the breadcrumbs are displayed in Windows Explorer gets displaced by the "Search" box.This results in a very narrow navigation box on my small screens, and a search box that takes up 3/4 of the horizontal space...
  8. File explorer won't open and hanging the whole windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer won't open and hanging the whole windows: [ATTACH]So this is how it looks and I have tried a ton of methods but none is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-wont-open-and-hanging-the-whole/5cb2ece7-1b43-43b0-9134-c2327557000c
  9. Why is Defender scanning a whole lot more files than usual?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Defender scanning a whole lot more files than usual?: I have a quick scan going on right now. It's been about twenty minutes and it's still scanning and it's almost at five million files right now. What's happening? Is this a normal quick scan? Or is it actually doing a full scan instead? 2004. - - - Updated - - - I just feel...
  10. The Petya ransomware just got a whole lot worse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Petya ransomware just got a whole lot worse: Make back ups before it strikes..... The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table. Before encrypting the MFT, Petya replaces the computer's master boot...