Windows 10: A wild EN UK keyboard appears...

Discus and support A wild EN UK keyboard appears... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have weird problem that after some googling it doesn't seem so unique anymore... First of all I have windows 10 installed, I don't remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nitro912gr, Jul 28, 2020.

1. A wild EN UK keyboard appears...

Hello, I have weird problem that after some googling it doesn't seem so unique anymore...

First of all I have windows 10 installed, I don't remember with what English I installed the system 4 years ago, but I use the English US language pack and EN US keyboard. I also have the Greek language pack installed but not in use and there is the EN UK language pack installed that I never installed myself and I can't find a way to remove it (that is, not showing installed at all in add remove or the extra components, or in the store).

I also have set my region to Greece and added a Greek keyboard.

So far so good, BUT from time to time windows decide to add one extra keyboard out of nowhere. An EN UK one, that it show in the language bar, but not in the installed keyboards! So I can't remove it!

Usually after a restart or 2 it disappeared as weirdly as it appeared, but after the windows 10 2004 update I just can't get rid of it.

I tried everything I found online but all the threads where from 2016 up to 2018 so I hope that maybe there is something new that will help me now.

I have placed the EN US in everything but the region, for new users, login screen, anything.

So the last thing I want to try before I format and hope for the best (easier said than done, this is a workstation I use every day), is to remove that UK language pack.

Any idea how to do this?

(btw sometime I was like, ok if windows want UK English, so be it, and changed system language to EN UK. Guess what, windows started adding a EN US keyboard the same way...)

submitted by /u/nitro912gr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nitro912gr, Jul 28, 2020
  2. keith_uk Win User

Install UK Extended keyboard [ENG UKX] and remove UK keyboard [ENG UK]

Hi John,

I think maybe uploaded the wrong screen shot. I had been playing around with the adding and removing the UK keyboard as well as the extended keyboard.

The current situation is that I can remove the UK keyboard and then I only see the two options, UK Extended and Thai, as required.

However, the UK keyboard periodically reappears in the win+space list. When that happens, if go to the language options it is not displayed under the input options list (even though it appears win+space list). To fix it, I have to add the UK keyboard, then
    delete it.

keith_uk, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Can't remove English UK keyboard after windows update

Dear Sumit,

I want to delete the EN UK keyboard, not EN US.

The EN UK keyboard appears in my keyboard list automatically after I have updated the new windows version last week. I want to delete it out of the list but not cannot.

Please help.

SahatayaBoonmakitimasak, Jul 29, 2020
  4. A wild EN UK keyboard appears...

Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

A wild EN UK keyboard appears...

1. A wild EN UK keyboard appears... - Similar Threads - wild keyboard appears

2. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  3. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  4. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "UK US" keyboard appears on the taskbar without any rhyme or reason to it. UK isn't even on...

"UK US" keyboard appears on the taskbar without any rhyme or reason to it. UK isn't even on...: Hello everyone! I really hope someone can pass this off to a dev at Microsoft for the W10 department. This happens sometimes twice a day, others it doesn't happen for a week. I never switch my routine on this computer, I use the same programs I always use, yet this bug...
  6. Cannot remove EN-UK keyboard layout?

Cannot remove EN-UK keyboard layout?: Dear MS support team,I tried to remove the EN-UK keyboard layout from Windows. However, despite having been removed from "Settings", the EN-UK kept present in language bar, even after reboot.How can I remove it?...
  7. Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it.

Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it.: I have somehow acquired a parasitic UK keyboard setting that appears on the taskbar language settings. It doesn't appear on language settings, just on the taskbar, therefore I can't delete it. I went to the registry and this is what appears: [ATTACH] This is really...
  8. If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout

If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout: I run Windows 10 with de-DE as default language settings. For IT tasks like administration and programming I also use en-US INTL as keymap. So I install en-US language via Windows 10 setting and change keymap to en-us intl. Looks good but after reboot I also have en-UK...
  9. Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32

Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32: I am having issues with the HP drivers for Win10; when the system language is set to EN-UK the Printing Prefernces dialog is broken whilst the Properties dialog is OK....
  10. Difference between en, en-gb and uk editions v1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between en, en-gb and uk editions v1903: 10972d3072ee715a6c8e2001754220c9147ef78ben-gb_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_1903_x64_dvd_44ca01a6.iso344ca92459c23663d5f857c72a7c030f85f 19be8en_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_1903_x64_dvd_b980e68c.iso03e1ccc463eb59439988a09057998e...