Windows 10: A Win 10 Update scam!

Discus and support A Win 10 Update scam! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was playing Solitaire, and accidently clicked on something that brought up the browser, and a dialog box that said that my computer was not up to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JAMMPRO, Jun 13, 2019.

1. JAMMPRO Win User

A Win 10 Update scam!

I was playing Solitaire, and accidently clicked on something that brought up the browser, and a dialog box that said that my computer was not up to date with the latest update! It warned me to get it by clicking the button on the dialog box, or my computer would lose all its files! I did a control/alt/delete, and shut down the browser and all dialog boxes!

This was clearly a scam, because it was not using the Windows update app, but the browser - Microsoft doesn't deliver updates via the browser!

Has anybody seen this scam; I later looked up the Browsing History, and found this site:

dk1saj41aqjm.cloudfront.net

It's an Amazon related site, and further digging said, there is a virus on this site!!

Let me know what you know about this - I'd like to know what triggered this!

:)

JAMMPRO, Jun 13, 2019

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jun 13, 2019
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 13, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

A Win 10 Update scam!

dalchina, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

A Win 10 Update scam!

1. A Win 10 Update scam! - Similar Threads - Update scam

2. Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...: I swear I HATE this monopoly company. If it is not one thing it is another. Windows updates are always crashing and end up with major losses of documents/pictures saved. No wonder everyone is moving over to iOS. Someone help please! It's my senior year, last semester of...
  3. Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?: A family member received this email today:Your Services Agreement made clearerYou’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our...
  4. Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?: A family member received this email today:Your Services Agreement made clearerYou’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our...
  5. Updates to our terms of use email, scam or legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Are driver updater scam like driver booster?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are driver updater scam like driver booster?: I've heard that windows itself keeps everything up to date sry for my bad english Are driver updater scam like driver booster?
  7. How can I block Microsoft Windows 10 update scam from breaking computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I block Microsoft Windows 10 update scam from breaking computer?: Windows 10 keeps trying to "Upgrade" and each time breaks the computer. Eventually, it restores the working version; however, work time is lost due to having the computer unavailable. This appears to be a scam by Microsoft to pay for technical support. How can this !@#$ be...
  8. Scam and Securituy Update

Scam and Securituy Update: had a scam event where I got warning screen and bogus help number I checked Defender and I have an update prompt asking me to download Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.309.634.0 is this part of the scam? - it seems like...
  9. Beware Of The New Windows 10 Feature Update Scam.

Beware Of The New Windows 10 Feature Update Scam.: Windows 10 Issue Date: 8/28/2019 Windows 10 Issue Time: 8:00PM PDT New Windows 10 Taskbar Update. This Feature Update Had Automatically Installed Onto My Dell 15" Laptop Without My Consent And Had Immediately Restarted My Computer At 8PM. My Dell Laptop Had Noticed The...
  10. Genuine update or scam?

Genuine update or scam?: About July 20th a notice suddenly appeared at the bottom right corner of my screen saying that support for Windows 10 April 2018 update ends in November. It had 3 choices - update now, schedule a time, and another update option I can't recall. There was no way to close the...