Windows 10: A Win10 update switched me to a new empty User acct. Need to revert back.

Discus and support A Win10 update switched me to a new empty User acct. Need to revert back. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a Windows10 update, it switched me to my wife's acct. and to a blank Temp User. All my stuff is under User\Owner. All apps and file access is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bardo58, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Bardo58 Win User

A Win10 update switched me to a new empty User acct. Need to revert back.

After a Windows10 update, it switched me to my wife's acct. and to a blank Temp User. All my stuff is under User\Owner. All apps and file access is lost. How do I get it back to using Owner? Uninstalled one update, but a another security update was not revertable. 2 GeekSquad agents failed (just made a new temp acct.). Thanks for your help.

:)

Bardo58, Aug 28, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

4. A Win10 update switched me to a new empty User acct. Need to revert back.

User Account; Tried to Switch from Microsoft Acct to Local Acct.....

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you like to login directly to Desktop without using a password, either you may
    create a local account
    without password or I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “netplwiz” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Under Users tab, if you have already unchecked the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” then check it again.
    • Now select the User name under Users for this computer
      (make sure you are selecting the correct user account).
    • Now uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and click on
      Apply.
    • You will get a prompt to enter the password for the User name.
    • Type the password, confirm it and click on
      OK
    • Click on OK again.
    • Now restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Note: Please be aware that this option will enable automatic login. So, please use this option only on your personal computer which is not accessed by others.

As per your questions later if I decide to powering Desktop signing into my Microsoft acct?

You can follow the same step and check the option which says Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
    and you can make your local account to Microsoft account.

Using a local acct, will Cortana still allow me to speak to her and get verbal and search answers?

Cortana will not work in locale account only the normal search or web search will work with locale account.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

A Win10 update switched me to a new empty User acct. Need to revert back.

1. A Win10 update switched me to a new empty User acct. Need to revert back. - Similar Threads - Win10 update switched

2. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2: Hello Experts, I am currently running Win10 Enterprise Build 21H1. Since being updated to this build, it has prevented my Automation software for working correctly.The Automation Software Tech Support has stated that their software is compatibly with Win10 Enterprise Build...
  3. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2: Hello Experts, I am currently running Win10 Enterprise Build 21H1. Since being updated to this build, it has prevented my Automation software for working correctly.The Automation Software Tech Support has stated that their software is compatibly with Win10 Enterprise Build...
  4. Revert back to Win10 Build 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 reverted back to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 reverted back to Win7: A few years ago, I redeemed the free Win10 offer and upgraded my computer. Previously, I was using Win7 I believe the previous Win7 installation was kept on a petition on one of my internal hard drives, whilst the new Win10 installation was kept on my SSD. Just today,...
  6. I need to switch back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to switch back: So a couple months back i made the switch to Linux, this was due to the fact that i've always been told it was better for development purposes and that Linux gaming has caught up or whatever. In my experience this is NOT the case, at the least not for the distro I'm using. I...
  7. Is it possible to revert a Microsoft-associated account back to a local acct?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to revert a Microsoft-associated account back to a local acct?: I upgraded from Windows 7 at long last a few days ago, but I’m having problems... In setting up all of my personal settings etc., I connected my local account (ported from windows 7) to what I thought was my only Microsoft account. Turns out I have two, and I accidentally...
  8. switching users in win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switching users in win10: How can I switch users in Win10 from lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-in-win10/2d6fb1d6-6b0e-4eb0-9f18-73692c1ced7c
  9. NEW USER ACCT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    NEW USER ACCT: I set up the laptop using my MSFT account. I want to give the machine to my granddaughter for school. She has her own MSFT acct, but when I tried to add her as a second "other" user I could only set it up as a local account. How do I get it attached to her MSFT account?...
  10. removing a user acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a user acct: I am giving my old laptop to a grandson. How do I remove my user acct and start one for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-user-acct/a032f121-b5ba-45d4-86e8-1e0b311416fd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everything switched to temp after the update