Windows 10: A Windows 10 pro computer on my network says all passwords are incorrect, no matter what...

Discus and support A Windows 10 pro computer on my network says all passwords are incorrect, no matter what... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running a large windows network with many work stations. One of the computers did an upgrade, and now it will not login. No matter what id I use,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akuvar, May 8, 2019.

1. Akuvar Win User

A Windows 10 pro computer on my network says all passwords are incorrect, no matter what...

I'm running a large windows network with many work stations. One of the computers did an upgrade, and now it will not login. No matter what id I use, the user's, my admin ID, my personal ID, it returns "incorrect password". The only way I can log into the machine is by using the local administrator account and password. Once in, I can see the network, it says I'm attached to the domain. Tried doing a "switch user" from blue screen still says password incorrect. Tried releasing and renewing ipconfig, no luck. Tried resetting winsock, no luck. Tried uninstalling NIC driver, no luck.

:)

Akuvar, May 8, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

At work we have a PC that hosts all of the files everyone uses in the office. It used to have XP on it, as most of the PCs in the office do, but I put Windows 7 on it this time. Now I'm having a slight issue where everytime the XP computers log on, the first time they try and access the network drive they all get a window that says "Connect to \\Server\Data Files", then the actual message says "Incorrect password or unknown username for: \\Server\Data Files.

There is a place to type a username, which has NX02\Server at the moment, and if I type the correct password, it works and they can connect until they restart again. NX02 is the PC I'm on trying to connect to the Server.

I have a Windows 7 PC in the office I use and it doesn't have this problem. How can I resolve this? My coworkers think it's annoying.

OrbitzXT, May 8, 2019
  3. Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

Ive had the same issues. I think it has to do with the way Windows 7 handles the workgroup.

TheMailMan78, May 8, 2019
  4. A Windows 10 pro computer on my network says all passwords are incorrect, no matter what...

Windows 10: Password Incorrect

Hi.

I have the same problem.

On my surface pro the Upgrade went fine, and on my PC it keeps saying incorrect password when I try to log in. I log on my SP without problems With the same Microsoft account.

My pc is online, and there is no other error Message than the incorrect password. I have tried rebooting a lot of times, I have logged out of the SP to try to log in on the pc. I have also changed the password on my Microsoft account, and everythings going
    fine on the SP, and the same incorrect password Message repeats itself on my pc

I have separate licences on my devicess of course, and everything was working fine With Windows 8.1 on both Devices.

Best regards

Øivind Lindland

Seizer1974, May 8, 2019
Thema:

A Windows 10 pro computer on my network says all passwords are incorrect, no matter what...

1. A Windows 10 pro computer on my network says all passwords are incorrect, no matter what... - Similar Threads - pro computer network

2. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  3. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  4. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...

Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...: Hiii,So I just got a new laptop from Sight and Sound Technology, as part of my DSA assessment to support my Student Finance England application I'm a Mental Health Nursing student. I have a HP Envy X-360.I'm trying to sign in to my microsoft account via settings, but when I...
  6. Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...: Hiii,So I just got a new laptop from Sight and Sound Technology, as part of my DSA assessment to support my Student Finance England application I'm a Mental Health Nursing student. I have a HP Envy X-360.I'm trying to sign in to my microsoft account via settings, but when I...
  7. Laptop won't accept my Windows password as Microsoft password - says it's incorrect. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect: So today in the morning i turned on my computer and I tried to get on as regular, but my computer gave me the pleasant message of "The password is incorrect. Try again" and so I did, I tried for 2 hours, did everything I knew I could do. I tried my password several times,...
  9. No Matter what I do all my computer does is ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Matter what I do all my computer does is ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++: Hello, I need help. Every time I click on an icon or open up the internet. The computer automatically inserts a continuous chain of plus signs. I can't do anything on my computer but turn it off and turn it on. Help please. With everything going on with the COVID-19, I need...
  10. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...