Windows 10: A Windows 10 update got stuck when booting my laptop computer

Discus and support A Windows 10 update got stuck when booting my laptop computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I boot my computer now that a Windows 10 update got stuck when booting my laptop computer and I can't get on now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnieCilley, Aug 8, 2018.

1. A Windows 10 update got stuck when booting my laptop computer

How can I boot my computer now that a Windows 10 update got stuck when booting my laptop computer and I can't get on now

:)

AnnieCilley, Aug 8, 2018
  2. DarkEstra Win User

Black Screen After Windows 10 Boot Logo On LAPTOP

Tbh
    i've been on the same windows 10 and using the same drivers from windows update
    without any problem
    but this time after i reinstalled again
    these problems started to appear !

DarkEstra, Aug 8, 2018
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Black Screen After Windows 10 Boot Logo On LAPTOP

OP stated "but when i try to boot using safe mode , everything is okay and it boot properly"
    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...6/model/5286260#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930O2

DaRK did you try going to the laptop vendor page and download the chipset and video drivers? I would try that and test.

Installieren von kompatiblen Windows 8.1-Treibern für Computer, bei denen ein Upgrade auf Windows 10 durchgeführt wird | Dell Deutschland

"
    Why are there no Windows 10 drivers for my tested computer?
    Many tested systems have no Windows 10 drivers listed on the Dell Drivers and Downloads website, as the latest Windows 7 SP1 and/or Windows 8.1 drivers work normally in Windows 10. No additional drivers should need to be installed after upgrade.

When a computer is upgraded to Windows 10, the existing hardware drivers on the computer are carried over to the new operating system. Computers tested for upgrade to Windows 10 from older operating systems (Windows 7 SP1 and/or Windows 8.1 Update) have been tested to ensure that the latest drivers available on the Dell Drivers and Downloads web site for those operating systems will work correctly in Windows 10. If the latest Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 drivers for that computer do not work correctly, Dell has created a new version of the driver for Windows 10. This driver is made available on the Dell Drivers and Downloads page for the tested computer and is also added to Windows Update. Only drivers that require an update will be listed under the Windows 10 section of the drivers page.

Note: Computers that are factory installed with Windows 10 will have all drivers for all components available on the Dell Drivers and Downloads website.
    If you need to reinstall a driver for a tested computer and there is no Windows 10 driver available, use the latest Windows 8.1 driver by following the methods below. If no Windows 8.1 driver is available for a component, use the Windows 8 or Windows 7 driver."

DRDNA, Aug 8, 2018
  4. A Windows 10 update got stuck when booting my laptop computer

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

A Windows 10 update got stuck when booting my laptop computer

1. A Windows 10 update got stuck when booting my laptop computer - Similar Threads - update got stuck

2. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop got stuck in boot menu: My laptop have window that and it window defender got some problem and it not on and I talk to customer care thay said that reinstall windows 10 it will fix but after reinstall windows 10 my laptop off and it start and blue screen after some time now it is stuck in boot menu...
  3. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop got stuck in boot menu: My laptop have window that and it window defender got some problem and it not on and I talk to customer care thay said that reinstall windows 10 it will fix but after reinstall windows 10 my laptop off and it start and blue screen after some time now it is stuck in boot menu...
  4. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I was installing a BIOS update on my laptop and it got stuck on "Flashing boot block Flash...

I was installing a BIOS update on my laptop and it got stuck on "Flashing boot block Flash...: My laptop is stuck on flash block while installing a BIOS update and doesn't reboot on its own. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-installing-a-bios-update-on-my-laptop-and-it/7c2ca2c7-50ae-4f16-b46e-29d7c6000f42
  6. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready": I sometimes have problems connecting to Internet in all of my devices and in some cases restarting the device is the solution. This time, my Surface Pro 3 doesn't have a keyboard wasn't connecting to internet so I decided to restart it. It was apparently going well until the...
  7. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready": I sometimes have problems connecting to Internet in all of my devices and in some cases restarting the device is the solution. This time, my Surface Pro 3 doesn't have a keyboard wasn't connecting to internet so I decided to restart it. It was apparently going well until the...
  8. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I got stuck when Factory Resetting My Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got stuck when Factory Resetting My Computer: I did a factory reset yesterday, but when windows was re-installing it got stuck at 64%. I didn't run out of battery or anything, I don't know how to fix this....
  10. Stuck in loop when booting computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in loop when booting computer: Hi, I currently own an ASUS X552L laptop and I am stuck in a bit of a loop when starting up my laptop. I boot it up regularly and other ways that have led to me logging in, they all lead to a bluescreen with a stop code: inaccessible_boot_device . Whats weird is that no...