Windows 10: A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :(

Discus and support A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TLDR; My laptop audio is just static for some reason and I have no idea why, but I'll give the complete story in case it helps with troubleshooting:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlueFireIsColdAF, Mar 22, 2021.

1. A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :(

TLDR; My laptop audio is just static for some reason and I have no idea why, but I'll give the complete story in case it helps with troubleshooting:

So three days ago, my Windows 10 laptop decided to update as I was shutting down. I let it do so as usual. I just left the laptop on my desk and thought nothing of it. However, the next time I got to my laptop, the audio wasn't working whatsoever. I tried putting earphones into the computer and I still heard absolutely nothing. So I decided to restart the computer once to see if something bugged out in startup somehow.

When the computer finally started up, it still produced no sound whatsoever. The only difference was that this time, all I could hear when I put my earphones in was a pop and then static. I tried going into sound settings and troubleshooting the issue, but the troubleshooter was so unhelpful. It always said that it was downloading new drivers, and then said that it couldn't fix the issue with no further elaboration. After that, I tried updating the drivers in Device Manager, but no luck. I then tried reverting windows to an older version to see if I could just get back the machine I had before the update. But after 24 hours, it still hadn't finished reverting, so I had to hold down the power button and terminate the process. After rebooting it, the computer was completely fine, but the sound had the exact same issue.

After that, I tried searching for windows updates and I downloaded and installed every single update I found, including the optional ones. I also installed all of the updates in Lenovo's System Update app, but still no luck. Finally, I tried uninstalling and deleting the driver data for my sound device, and the audio still doesn't work after a restart.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm 99% sure it's not a hardware issue because the audio worked 100% perfectly right before the update and I just left the laptop on my desk undisturbed. Device manager says that the Realtek speaker is working fine. I'm honestly quite frustrated because from my perspective, it seems like Windows ruined my machine with their stupid update and I have had no luck in fixing it. If anyone can help me fix this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

submitted by /u/BlueFireIsColdAF
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlueFireIsColdAF, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 22, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :(

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :(

1. A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :( - Similar Threads - Update May Ruined

2. Windows update ruined my audio system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ruined my audio system: After I updated my laptop to the newest updates of Windows 11, my audio system was uninstalled, and it remains to say "Audio device not installed". I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and restarting my PC. Nothing whatsoever worked.If...
  3. Windows update ruined my audio system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruined my audio system: After I updated my laptop to the newest updates of Windows 11, my audio system was uninstalled, and it remains to say "Audio device not installed". I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and restarting my PC. Nothing whatsoever worked.If...
  4. Windows 10 update may have ruined my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update may have ruined my pc.: As of late, my programs on my pc just don’t boot up anymore after a while after a booting up my pc or restarting it. So right after a boot up or restart they work but after a while of using them, nothing boots up anymore. The same goes on another pc I have, so it’s not just...
  5. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  6. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  7. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  8. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use. After coming out of Sleep the...
  9. The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller: This has been happening ever since I installed this update. Audio will ONLY play through speakers and not headphones, or vice versa; it's competently random as to which one it chooses. I figured out the only way fix it (temporarily) is to go in Device Manager and disable and...
  10. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...