Windows 10: A windows 8.1 pc has now a copy of windows 10 but it is not a legal installation!

Discus and support A windows 8.1 pc has now a copy of windows 10 but it is not a legal installation! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A friend has win 8.1 pc. She thought it was not working properly. She asked a 'friend' to help. Without her knowledge, he installed windows 10 which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JoePetryshyn, Feb 10, 2021.

1. A windows 8.1 pc has now a copy of windows 10 but it is not a legal installation!

A friend has win 8.1 pc. She thought it was not working properly. She asked a 'friend' to help. Without her knowledge, he installed windows 10 which is a pirated copy on her pc. It works, but how does she purchase an activation code from Microsoft so that is legal windows 10 installation?.

:)

JoePetryshyn, Feb 10, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 10, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

A windows 8.1 pc has now a copy of windows 10 but it is not a legal installation!

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

A windows 8.1 pc has now a copy of windows 10 but it is not a legal installation!

1. A windows 8.1 pc has now a copy of windows 10 but it is not a legal installation! - Similar Threads - has copy legal

2. My computer currently has windows 8. I want to buy and install windows 10 now.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer currently has windows 8. I want to buy and install windows 10 now.: My computer currently has windows 8. I want to buy and install windows 10 now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-currently-has-windows-8-i-want-to-buy/2a3e3b3d-7e95-4ca2-a499-6d81fc392a3b
  3. My computer currently has windows 8. I want to buy and install windows 10 now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer currently has windows 8. I want to buy and install windows 10 now.: My computer currently has windows 8. I want to buy and install windows 10 now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-currently-has-windows-8-i-want-to-buy/2a3e3b3d-7e95-4ca2-a499-6d81fc392a3b
  4. My computer currently has windows 8. I want to buy and install windows 10 now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is it legal to install Window 10 Education on personal pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is it legal to install Window 10 Education on personal pc?: Dear Viewer! I was given a product key from an educational institute on completion of my course for windows 10 education. I'm supposing windows 10 education is legal to use inside the educational institution and for educational purposes only. I want to ask, is it legal to...
  6. Is this legal copy of windows 10 pro OS?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is this legal copy of windows 10 pro OS?: Hello, I came around a few websites one of them is https://microsoftwares.org/. On this website, Microsoft products are sold at a damn cheap rate. This got me wondering how can they provide such a hefty discount of 90%. Are the win os provided on that website legit? If yes...
  7. Legal copy of windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Legal copy of windows: Sir how can I make a legal copy of windows 10? I just bought a new laptop and need to attach a ssd. So not to lose a legally activated windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legal-copy-of-windows/414cafca-492e-44e6-99ba-a60baf0dc411"
  8. Is it legal to upgrade Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 without a license key to Windows 10...

Is it legal to upgrade Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 without a license key to Windows 10...: Hi, I have a question. I have a lot of computers in my company that i must to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. These computers have a windows 7 and 8 license. IS IT LEGAL to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using the Create Windows 10 installation media? I tested...
  9. Laptop has windows 8 sticker but windows 10 installed.

Laptop has windows 8 sticker but windows 10 installed.: Used laptop purchased Laptop has windows 8 sticker but windows 10 installed. I need Windows 8. I have the original product key from powershell query. How can I determine if the key is for Windows 8 or Windows 10....
  10. printer installs copy(1)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer installs copy(1): Hi I have a brother all in one MCF-j470dw, I have it installed to 2 different laptops both wireless, both dell windows 10 laptops, one works fine, the other one for some reason lost the original printer from devices and printers section now there is only a copy(1) there. I've...