Windows 10: A windows alignment bug/feature?

Discus and support A windows alignment bug/feature? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First maximize a windows called A. Then drag window B to the leftmost/rightmost, or use Win + ←/→, letting it occupy half of the screen. Then click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChenZL, May 29, 2019.

1. ChenZL Win User

A windows alignment bug/feature?

First maximize a windows called A. Then drag window B to the leftmost/rightmost, or use Win + ←/→, letting it occupy half of the screen. Then click the thumbnail of A (or keyboard navigate + enter), letting it occupy the other half. The top of window A is slightly (8px on my 1920*1080 screen) heigher than the top edge of the screen for some apps(all apps with variable dimensions I have tested except MS Office actually).

Pictures at bottom are some examples.

The same thing also happen when Win + ←/→ is applied to a maximized window.(mouse drag to leftmost/rightmost doesn't work here). And in this case a list of thumbnails of other window(s) does not appear.

And it seems the issue has been here since 1903 and still here in 20h1. (However, all described above is in 20h1,build 18898)

What caused this? Is this a bug?

By the way, is this considered a question?

In all these pictures, the left hand side shows regular windows, and the abnormal ones are on the right.

File Explorer,

Firefox and Settings, (Note the blue line indicating a active tab in firefox is hidden above the top of the screen)

Chrome,

:)

ChenZL, May 29, 2019

2. MIcrosoft Edge Alignment Bugs

It seems Microsoft Edge it is a continuing source of new bugs. It seems that under certain conditions, it appears an alignment issue when browsing a website with Microsoft Edge. This issue seems quite widespread. It occurs on my
    own website (Xavier Gimeno Torrent: sociologist & translator). It is that the header menu it is not properly aligned. There are examples of this misbehavior in several websites:
    menu items not aligned in Microsft Edge(0.10.1-rc5) · Issue #3987 · angular/material,

Microsoft Edge CSS text-align,

expertdebugger.com

I hope soon this will be fixed.

Xavier Gimeno Torrent, May 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows and Office align feature release schedules to benefit customer

Source: Windows and Office align feature release schedules to benefit customers - Windows For Your BusinessWindows For Your Business

Brink, May 29, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Alignment Off

Hi,

The reason why your screen is not aligned with your computer is that of the resolution of your computer. For us to assist you, we suggest that you check the resolution that's set on your Windows 10 computer. Here's a simple guide on how to do it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Display at the left side of the screen.
    • Press on Advanced display settings.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you download the latest display driver from the manufacturer's website that's compatible with Windows 10.

Kindly give us an update with the result and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Paolo Mag, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. A windows alignment bug/feature? - Similar Threads - alignment bug feature

2. Is this a feature or a built-in BUG???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a feature or a built-in BUG???: I logged into my laptop after many days and as I entered my password it said my password has expired and needs to be changed I pressed OK and wrote a new password it said THE PASSWORD YOU ENTERED DIDN'T MATCH I re-entered my old password and still it keeps saying that my...
  3. Is this a feature or a built-in BUG???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a feature or a built-in BUG???: I logged into my laptop after many days and as I entered my password it said my password has expired and needs to be changed I pressed OK and wrote a new password it said THE PASSWORD YOU ENTERED DIDN'T MATCH I re-entered my old password and still it keeps saying that my...
  4. Is that a bug or a feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that a bug or a feature: hello, Im not sure if the search bar overing over the taskbar is a bug or a feature? is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-bug-or-a-feature/52bdaaab-1df3-4c5e-b49c-b9ea67a2be41
  5. Is that a bug or a feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is that a bug or a feature: hello, Im not sure if the search bar overing over the taskbar is a bug or a feature? is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-bug-or-a-feature/52bdaaab-1df3-4c5e-b49c-b9ea67a2be41
  6. it's not a bug it's a feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    it's not a bug it's a feature: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/seller_zanzan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wy0188/its_not_a_bug_its_a_feature/
  7. [Bug/Feature]

[Bug/Feature]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Glad-Thought [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwgaf4/bugfeature/
  8. Is it a bug or a feature?

Is it a bug or a feature?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/areskz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa4pqj/is_it_a_bug_or_a_feature/
  9. Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update: Since Creators Update installation, I've this bug with Windows 10.When I drag icons on the left side of the screen, sometimes, icons don't move.It happens mostly when the area is "flooded" with icons. When it's pretty empty, seems to work fine.And, sometimes, icon position...
  10. Windows and Office align feature release schedules to benefit customer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows and Office align feature release schedules to benefit customer: Windows 10, Office 365 ProPlus and System Center Configuration Manager make twice-a-year feature release schedules more manageable and predictable for easier enterprise deployments We’re thrilled that Windows 10 continues to be the fastest-adopted version of Windows ever,...