Windows 10: A Windows product id should be 25 symbols long but when I go to check my product Id it’s...

Discus and support A Windows product id should be 25 symbols long but when I go to check my product Id it’s... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/One_Sand- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/One_Sand-, Jan 17, 2021.

1. A Windows product id should be 25 symbols long but when I go to check my product Id it’s...

/u/One_Sand-, Jan 17, 2021

2. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jan 17, 2021
  3. maranna Win User
    product key/id

Is the product key different from the product id?
    I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to reinstall.

maranna, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Dice Vil Win User

A Windows product id should be 25 symbols long but when I go to check my product Id it’s...

Product id

Hi Arka,

To answer your question, changing the product key will not change the product ID because they are two different things. A product key is what you buy and use to activate your product and can be changed. On the other hand, a product ID is something that comes
    with your device by default and is provided by your manufacturer. In addition, a product ID contains 20 characters, whereas a product key has 25 characters.

If you could provide us more details about what you're trying to do, that would be great. Any other questions or concerns that you may have in mind are always welcome here.

Dice Vil, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

A Windows product id should be 25 symbols long but when I go to check my product Id it’s...

1. A Windows product id should be 25 symbols long but when I go to check my product Id it’s... - Similar Threads - product should symbols

2. Are product id and device id senzitive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are product id and device id senzitive?: So i wanted to share my specs to my friend and of course the product id and device id appear also there i sent him a photo and then i asked chat gpt if they are safe to show and it said that they are senzitive and can led hackers to acces your device and it really concerned...
  3. Product ID and Device ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Product ID and Device ID: Hi there,I am having two different physical machines from Dell, pre-loaded Windows 10. Both are license versions, activated using a Digital license key.I want to know that is there any issue if both these machines are having the same Product ID or Device ID? Where this...
  4. Product ID

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product ID: My Window Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA480 and I want a Product Key, how can I find my Product Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-id/68cb66de-2364-45f6-b82a-c11a31916a57
  5. Windows product ID

Windows product ID: I have two different security workstation PCs, and both are using the same product ID. Is this possible? How can I find it is genuine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-product-id/edc53baa-9813-47c7-91e4-ebe0fd3bd97f
  6. Product ID

Product ID: What's the difference a "Product ID," and a "Product Key?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-id/0740f8a1-8303-41a3-b537-f882a3becdd9"
  7. Product ID #

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product ID #: Hey, I just built my first PC and I was loading windows 10. I was following the directions for using a USB stick. It seems to work but it's not going beyond putting in my product ID #. I got My product ID # from my old PC. Yes I purchased the windows 10 upgrade when it came...
  8. Product ID

Product ID: I Have a Microsoft 2004 Flight simulator. which I used for several years about 12 years ago. I am Loading it on another computer and at the end after the load It give a new Product ID and send to a Game store but there is no where to put the product ID In. How do I get my new...
  9. Windows Product ID to Windows product.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Product ID to Windows product.: I have various Windows product ID's and corresponding product licence keys for our office PC's. How can I find out from the Product ID which is the correct windows to download?...
  10. Lost my product ID

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost my product ID: I have a legal copy of MSOffice 2070 and 2016. But because I was off sick for several weeks, I lost the product ID for both products. Since I have had them installed on my PC Wouldn't at least on of those IDs are some place on my hard drive or even in the registry ? If so, is...