Windows 10: a windows scammers called me today my computer is slow

Discus and support a windows scammers called me today my computer is slow in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; help me scammers called me today my windows is slow... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SamJames3, Sep 15, 2018.

1. SamJames3 Win User

a windows scammers called me today my computer is slow

help me scammers called me today my windows is slow

:)

SamJames3, Sep 15, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Scammers

Unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. These are a few examples.

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls, display pop-up alerts in your browser to call a support number or send unsolicited email messages to request personal or financial information or
    to fix your computer.

If the scam involves unsolicited phone calls from someone claiming to be an
    employee affiliated with Microsoft or Windows Support advising your computer is infected with malware,
    not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers.

For more information and resources to protect yourself from scams, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams
    ...there are suggestions
    near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem.

quietman7 - MVP, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. a windows scammers called me today my computer is slow - Similar Threads - scammers called today

2. Scammer Call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer Call: Hi this is James. I wanted to report a scammer call. I received 4 calls from +49 number with non american accent saying that he is with "microsoft" and saying that my computer is compromise and sending them errors, asking to connect to my computer. I think it's a scam. Are...
  3. Scammer Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scammer Call: Hi this is James. I wanted to report a scammer call. I received 4 calls from +49 number with non american accent saying that he is with "microsoft" and saying that my computer is compromise and sending them errors, asking to connect to my computer. I think it's a scam. Are...
  4. Scammer Call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. phone call scammers

phone call scammers: Hi Community Peoples , I was wandering ''actually needing to know'' will a microsoft , windows customer support person contact you @ your home # alerting you '' someone has been hacking and on your pc for days , and I need you to sign on your computer so I can help u delete...
  6. Computer Locked by Scammers

Computer Locked by Scammers: I've just got a laptop in that's running Windows 10. The owner thought he was dealing with his broadband provider as he has been having trouble with his internet. However, it turns out it was a scam and he allowed them access to his laptop. When they asked him to login to his...
  7. Today i found this file on my computer called LsapSetRandomDomainSid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Today i found this file on my computer called LsapSetRandomDomainSid: I have Windows 10 pro. I have been hacked for a while now. Today i found this file on my computer called Lsasetup. I want to know how to remove this controller from my Windows computer? [ 6/23 14:25:48] 724.728> - In LsapSetRandomDomainSid [ 6/23 14:25:48] 724.728> -...
  8. Scammer accessing my computer

Scammer accessing my computer: He said he worked for MS said my anti virus had expired, He said he needed to access my PC to install the new software. It took me 15 mins on the phone with him to make up my mind, weather or not to give him access, to my computer, but I did! MORON Any ways The...
  9. scammers had control of my computer,

scammers had control of my computer,: How do I determine if they planted a back door, to enter my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scammers-had-control-of-my-computer/fa6ead2b-dda6-48dd-9ffb-2883db669c51
  10. Scammer call

in Windows 10 Support
    Scammer call: Just got a call from California from guy who said he was from Microsoft calling about error messages being sent out from my computer running Windows 10. Wanted me to get on computer to fix problem. These scumbags are clever enough to take advantage of rollout and problems...