Windows 10: A Windows update corrupted the icon of a video game

Discus and support A Windows update corrupted the icon of a video game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, people, would someone tell me how to restore the initial condition of the icon of GTA:SA? After Windows 10 updated, the icon now looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MichioBu, Apr 3, 2023.

1. A Windows update corrupted the icon of a video game

/u/MichioBu, Apr 3, 2023

2. video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 3, 2023
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Apr 3, 2023
  4. A Windows update corrupted the icon of a video game

Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Apr 3, 2023
Thema:

A Windows update corrupted the icon of a video game

1. A Windows update corrupted the icon of a video game - Similar Threads - update corrupted icon

2. Microsoft or Windows is causing my video game files to corrupt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft or Windows is causing my video game files to corrupt.: Something that is done by Microsoft or Windows is causing my Videogames to corrupt. I suspect it's got to do with blocking access into the directory of the videogame file. For example, the game Skyrim. I can't run it when it's fully connected to all Microsoft features. It...
  3. Microsoft or Windows is causing my video game files to corrupt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft or Windows is causing my video game files to corrupt.: Something that is done by Microsoft or Windows is causing my Videogames to corrupt. I suspect it's got to do with blocking access into the directory of the videogame file. For example, the game Skyrim. I can't run it when it's fully connected to all Microsoft features. It...
  4. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  5. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  6. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Game DVR inconsistent. Sometimes videos go corrupt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Game DVR inconsistent. Sometimes videos go corrupt: I play games on my pc with friends and when want to 'record what happened' (last 30 seconds), the video saves to my videos folder on my pc fine. But some clips come out with no audio at all, some don't even record what happened but does have audio, and others only record for...
  8. Corrupted Windows Apps Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted Windows Apps Icons: Hi, I recently noticed that all the Windows apps I have, mainly the ones coming from Windows Store, have corrupted icons. This problem occurs only when I use search system, though. Outside of that, everything is fine. Also, as you can see from the screen, I have the same...
  9. corrupt icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt icons: I have some legacy programs in a folder off the root whose icons have have become 'default' (a white rectangle). If I rename this folder, the icons magically reappear correctly. Rebuilding the icon cache does not fix the problem! There are more than just five executable...
  10. Icon corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon corruption: Hi, I have a friend who recently upgraded from W8.1 to W10 on an HP laptop. There's been a few glitches since the upgrade; one of which is some icon corruption. Some image files on the desktop that seemed to be fixed by copying and pasting the files and deleting the...