Windows 10: A windows Vista laptop was dropped in my lap the installed failed due to a power problem...

Discus and support A windows Vista laptop was dropped in my lap the installed failed due to a power problem... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It says i need to restart the installation of the system, however, I cant access the system menu any longer. No bootable vista disc. No idea where to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Flashingflood, Nov 15, 2022.

1. A windows Vista laptop was dropped in my lap the installed failed due to a power problem...

It says i need to restart the installation of the system, however, I cant access the system menu any longer. No bootable vista disc. No idea where to even look in all my junk lol. Doubt I even have them to be honest. So I looked up ISO and Looks like there are no longer any legal downloads even with the OEM. Key still visible sticker on the laptop. Was asked to fix it. Any Tips on how to proceed.

:)

Flashingflood, Nov 15, 2022

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Nov 15, 2022
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 15, 2022
  4. jds21 Win User

A windows Vista laptop was dropped in my lap the installed failed due to a power problem...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

A windows Vista laptop was dropped in my lap the installed failed due to a power problem...

1. A windows Vista laptop was dropped in my lap the installed failed due to a power problem... - Similar Threads - Vista laptop was

2. A windows Vista laptop was dropped in my lap the installed failed due to a power problem...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A windows Vista laptop was dropped in my lap the installed failed due to a power problem...: It says i need to restart the installation of the system, however, I cant access the system menu any longer. No bootable vista disc. No idea where to even look in all my junk lol. Doubt I even have them to be honest. So I looked up ISO and Looks like there are no longer any...
  3. Windows Vista installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista installation failed: I’m doing a windows 7 and Vista dual boot boot project on a Lenovo G575, but whenever I try installing vista it always does this error once it enters full screen “This computer does not have enough space for temporary files. Windows installation needs atleast 440 megabytes of...
  4. Windows Vista installation failed

Windows Vista installation failed: I’m doing a windows 7 and Vista dual boot boot project on a Lenovo G575, but whenever I try installing vista it always does this error once it enters full screen “This computer does not have enough space for temporary files. Windows installation needs atleast 440 megabytes of...
  5. Windows Vista Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista Installation Problems: Hello everyone,I know Windows Vista ended support, but I am used to it.I bought a new PC with modern UEFI that supports CSM, the hard disk is SATA.When I tried to boot the installation, it just gave me a BSoD.What should I do, I really want this operating system on my PC to...
  6. Windows Vista Installation Problems

Windows Vista Installation Problems: Hello everyone,I know Windows Vista ended support, but I am used to it.I bought a new PC with modern UEFI that supports CSM, the hard disk is SATA.When I tried to boot the installation, it just gave me a BSoD.What should I do, I really want this operating system on my PC to...
  7. Lap Failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lap Failing: Hi, today I was in class in zoom and watching videos on youtube, and then my lap freeze and start to sound something, I dont know what to do, it dont respond, I already try to use Alt+F4 and Cntr+Alt+Supr, What I know about rhe lap is that it is a Pavillon 360...
  8. Vista to Windows 10 problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vista to Windows 10 problem: My HP laptop with Windows Vista is preventing a Windows 10 clean install from my purchased Windows 10 disk. IN trying to boot from the Windows 10 disk it quickly halts and says that it says it I can't install 10 because of the current Vista OS......but it won't allow me to...
  9. Clean Windows Install on Vista laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Windows Install on Vista laptop: I have recently purchased 2 Windows 10 desktops and also have a Toshiba Satellite P300-1FN. Because of security fears on the Toshiba, I downloaded and clean installed Windows 10 Home. I wanted to first check that the Toshiba would be OK with Windows 10, so I did not buy an...
  10. Upgrade a vista laptop with new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade a vista laptop with new install: I have an older vaio laptop that runs vista but I it is not listed on the sony website to have been tested with 10. Is there a way to manually run the compatibility tool to see if I would have problems with installing 10 on it. I know I can't do an upgrade but thought I might...