Windows 10: A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro

Discus and support A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not upset, just out of pocket to the tune of NZ$45. Mind you, being a Scot, it would fit the stereotype if I were upset. *Wink If you were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hairy Scot, Apr 20, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro

If you were stereotypically from Aberdeen, you would be slitting your wrists of course! Was just joking of course - I assume you got the classic HAL reference?

cereberus, Apr 21, 2016

2. The original space oddity.

Hairy Scot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro

1. A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro - Similar Threads - word warning Laplink

2. Question about Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Word: I want to create a form letter in Word and type [Date] into the master document. I then want to have that disappear when I begin typing the actual date in that spot. I want to do the same thing with [Name], [Address], etc. Can you tell me how to accomplish this or send me a...
  3. Question about Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Word: I want to create a form letter in Word and type [Date] into the master document. I then want to have that disappear when I begin typing the actual date in that spot. I want to do the same thing with [Name], [Address], etc. Can you tell me how to accomplish this or send me a...
  4. Question about Word

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. A Word of Advisement/Warning/Caution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Word of Advisement/Warning/Caution: Pay absolutely no attention to anything unless & until it is directly from MicrosoftNo articles, no YouTubes, no hearsay, editorials or options. No guesses, speculation or theories. Take no heed or stock in anything except from Microsoft itself Absolutely & completely ignore...
  6. Laplink Sync oddity - maybe

Laplink Sync oddity - maybe: For many years Ive used Laplinks Sync Tools to synchronise files between desktop & laptop (I know there are alternatives but I've grown to know & love Laplink and its quirks, it does all that I need). But Ive always failed to synchronise my music folders, Laplink hangs. So...
  7. Laplink PCmover - Aftermath

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laplink PCmover - Aftermath: I recently purchased a Dell desktop XPS. Upon receipt everything was fine as far staring the new computer, etc. So I decided to use the laplink PCmover Pro program that was offered by Dell. I initiated the process, doing all the preliminary things that PCmover suggested,...
  8. Warning about Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Warning about Onedrive: Onedrive MOVES files and folders (even from other partitions) and place them in a new folder called "Onedrive" in the C: partition. I decided to use onedrive, I figured it was a good way to store docs and files I use on several pc's and phones when out of office. Soon...
  9. A word of warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A word of warning: Update KB4476976 has twice knocked out my ability to connect to the DNS server. Fixed by uninstalling it. I contacted Microsoft to tell them by telephone for advice. They weren't interested. Anyone else had this problem??...
  10. Laplink transfers

Laplink transfers: When you move a program from C: to D: ,and a later update comes out, that could be a problem. The update would be looking for C: when the software is on D: Any way around this? 113559