Windows 10: A word of warning

Discus and support A word of warning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update KB4476976 has twice knocked out my ability to connect to the DNS server. Fixed by uninstalling it. I contacted Microsoft to tell them by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rollockstothis, Jan 25, 2019.

1. A word of warning

Update KB4476976 has twice knocked out my ability to connect to the DNS server. Fixed by uninstalling it. I contacted Microsoft to tell them by telephone for advice. They weren't interested. Anyone else had this problem??

:)

rollockstothis, Jan 25, 2019

2. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 25, 2019
  3. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 25, 2019
  4. [ Pete ] Win User

A word of warning

How do you type a word like "Crossway" with word flow?

Word Flow will typically suggest common words, and will only list the first eleven commonest matching words in the suggestion bar. I find that it's almost impossible to live my life through Word Flow, but it picks up the vast majority of common words
    very satisfactorily.

[ Pete ], Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

A word of warning

1. A word of warning - Similar Threads - word warning

2. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  3. I cannot get on Microsoft Word. A warning sign pops up stating Microsoft Office can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get on Microsoft Word. A warning sign pops up stating Microsoft Office can't...: I cannot get on Microsoft Word. A warning sign pops up stating Microsoft Office can't find your license. A repair attempt was unsuccessful or was cancelled.What can I do to fix this problem? I cannot get any of my documents....
  4. I cannot get on Microsoft Word. A warning sign pops up stating Microsoft Office can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get on Microsoft Word. A warning sign pops up stating Microsoft Office can't...: I cannot get on Microsoft Word. A warning sign pops up stating Microsoft Office can't find your license. A repair attempt was unsuccessful or was cancelled.What can I do to fix this problem? I cannot get any of my documents....
  5. A Word of Advisement/Warning/Caution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Word of Advisement/Warning/Caution: Pay absolutely no attention to anything unless & until it is directly from MicrosoftNo articles, no YouTubes, no hearsay, editorials or options. No guesses, speculation or theories. Take no heed or stock in anything except from Microsoft itself Absolutely & completely ignore...
  6. If I click on a word doc, warning says Office is updating for 10 hours.

If I click on a word doc, warning says Office is updating for 10 hours.: Since this morning, if I try to open a recent Word doc, created in Win10 .docx, I get an orange window advising that Office is updating. I can't find any way to see a progress bar. It's been going on all day, at least 10 hours! After trying to open Word and getting the...
  7. My complete Word Documents Folder (saved) disappeared without warning

in Windows 10 Support
    My complete Word Documents Folder (saved) disappeared without warning: Brand new to Ten Forums, and man do I need help. My complete Word Documents File disappeared last week, and I have been unable to retrieve them. These are all saved documents, compiled over several years, that cannot be found. Took my laptop to the local computer gurus but no...
  8. can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender: Hi, If there a tool that will allow me to scan an Office Word document to check if the Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender is a real threat or is a legitimate Word Add-In that adds the advertised functionality? The document contains macros to enable teachers...
  9. word/excel closing with out warning

word/excel closing with out warning: Why am I getting and error message and then Word or Excel shutting down and not allowing me to save my document? Says it has to repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordexcel-closing-with-out-warning/a5486991-42d2-46e8-9da1-b01031a18672
  10. A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro: If you decide to buy this product then just be aware that it is sold with a single use licence. So you get one shot at transferring your settings and apps across a reset or fresh install of Windows. If you're looking at this product as a means to facilitate resets or fresh...