Windows 10: A WPF App irregularly crashes only when used via Remote Desktop

Discus and support A WPF App irregularly crashes only when used via Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created an WPF (with C# as business logic) App which loads image, display them and perform image processing analysis. (Windows 10) The App appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ren Wang (rwang), Apr 3, 2019.

1. A WPF App irregularly crashes only when used via Remote Desktop

I created an WPF (with C# as business logic) App which loads image, display them and perform image processing analysis. (Windows 10)

The App appears to crash (No Response) only when I use it through remote desktop, while other Apps in the RD session worked normally.

I saw Resource Monitor showing the App with 1080+ threads some time after crashing. However, by monitoring closely, the thread number increased very little to 87 directly at the crash moment. The normal number of thread is around 80.

Another thing I noticed is that my custom mouse cursor icon worked fine without RD does not appear in the App through RD. I wonder if the two may be related.

Anyone has suggestion or has similar experience?

:)

Ren Wang (rwang), Apr 3, 2019

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 3, 2019
  3. farlex85 Win User
    Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Apr 3, 2019
  4. A WPF App irregularly crashes only when used via Remote Desktop

REMOTE DESKTOP APP

Hi Harry,

To assist you further, please verify the following:

• What steps have you taken so fa?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    • Have you tried to uninstall and install Remote Desktop app?

Renaldo cru, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

A WPF App irregularly crashes only when used via Remote Desktop

1. A WPF App irregularly crashes only when used via Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - WPF App irregularly

2. Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop: Hi,When connected via Remote DesktopRDP to Windows 10.0 19041, screen recording starts, but the screen is recorded black. Everything is fine on Windows 8.1. Help me please!...
  3. Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot

Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot: To be able to work from home I use a VPN to connect to my work-PC using a remote desktop. But when I connect to my wifi and start the VPN connection, I'm unable to connect to the remote desktop. This error shows: "The remote resource can't be reached". But when I use my phone...
  4. Computer crashes when using Microsoft Remote Desktop from Android.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer crashes when using Microsoft Remote Desktop from Android.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rishi_Vora [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mr866s/computer_crashes_when_using_microsoft_remote/
  5. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection App Crashed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop Connection App Crashed: I am used to using the remote app to control my pcs on the other side of the house on local network. Recently, every time I tried to make a connection via the app, the app would crash by itself for no reason at all. I am able to remote control my pcs using the android app....
  7. Cannot remote into machines via the Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remote into machines via the Remote Desktop App: As of no earlier than 2021-01-13 I can no longer remote into the various servers I work with via the Remote Desktop app in Windows 10. The process starts, a screen that has a message that reads "Configuring remote PC..." comes up and stays there for 1-3 minutes. The whole...
  8. Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App...: As a company, we have clients connect to our network using a VPN and MSTSC. Since our company has gone fully remote, many of our users are experiencing a significant number of remote session freezes which require a disconnect and reconnect to the remote session. Mouse...
  9. An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An internal error occurred. Remote Desktop via VPN (only).: A couple of months ago, I started getting the error message "An internal error occurred" when connecting through an IPSec tunnel to all Windows 10 machines, a Windows 7 machine and a Windows 2008 R2 server machine. (every machine on the network). I can connect within the...
  10. Remote Desktop connects via WiFi, but not using Cellular

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop connects via WiFi, but not using Cellular: Hello, I have had only success setting up connections to office systems running Windows 10 Remote Desktop when I am on my iPhone over wireless. Cell connections also worked fine, until today. Now, if I try to connect over cellular, the iPhone displays "Initiating Remote...