Windows 10: AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

Discus and support AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Phillip-Hopkins, Apr 23, 2022.

1. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission isn't possible.My experience and knowledge of AAD is very limited but it seems reasonable to still be able to complete administrative tasks in AAD as you would with an on prem AD environment.Can anyone help with this? I am at the point of completing a Windows refresh so that I can create a new local Admin account as part of t

:)

Phillip-Hopkins, Apr 23, 2022
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 23, 2022
  4. brycez28 Win User

AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

Domain admin account as built-in admin account

I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open Edge. It says "This app can't open. Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

How do I get the local "Administrator" account to be the Built-in administrator account?

The list of user accounts are:
    admin (local admin account I made in Win 7)
    Administrator (I assume local administrator account that is automatically created)
    administrator.AESSEINVLTD (domain admin account I am logged in with)
    Default.migrated
    Public.

brycez28, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

1. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin - Similar Threads - AAD Domain Admin

2. Lost Local Admin After Domain Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Local Admin After Domain Removal: I have a laptop that was domain joined and also had two local accounts. One admin, one user. I removed the pc from the domain and afterwards only the single local user account is left. I have found no way to backdoor into the local admin. There isn't an option to log in to...
  3. Lost Local Admin After Domain Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Local Admin After Domain Removal: I have a laptop that was domain joined and also had two local accounts. One admin, one user. I removed the pc from the domain and afterwards only the single local user account is left. I have found no way to backdoor into the local admin. There isn't an option to log in to...
  4. Lost Local Admin After Domain Removal

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  6. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  7. Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help: Hello Guys, I know that here is lot of theards with similar issue but I have really read most of topics hours and hours and still dont understand how to do it so I am thank you for all advices: So we have company network "namecompany.com" where is connected all devices in...
  8. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  9. Computer Management local admin vs domain admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer Management local admin vs domain admin: Not exactly sure this is the right section for this question, but it does have to do with user accounts and permissions. So, as standard practice, I use a normal user login as my daily work account, and have a separate login for a domain admin account (basically, something...
  10. Local admin account vs domain admin account

Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...