Windows 10: ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint

Discus and support ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the above (free) software installed for a while now but have only just discovered that there is a temporary folder relating to the app. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wiganken, Nov 28, 2019.

1. wiganken Win User

ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint

I have the above (free) software installed for a while now but have only just discovered that there is a temporary folder relating to the app. I am attaching a picture of File Explorer showing the folder.

The app is for scanning hard copies using my Epson A-I-O printer/scanner to create searchable/editable pdf (amongst other formats) files using OCR and I was wondering if the app uses the temp folder during the process. There is a sub-folder named "Licenses" so does anyone know if it is safe to delete the "WinFRSprintV12_1257_15" folder or will this stop ABBYY from working? The folder 'Properties' shows '7 Folders', '478 files', total size is 578MB and the latest file contained is dated 19th November2017 (so 2 years old).

Incidentally I believe the software is no longer available so I do not want to break the app although my system is backed-up using Macrium Reflect.

Thanks in advance.

:)

wiganken, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

ABBYY finereader 9.0 sprint

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the service not running properly. You can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard to open Run
    2. Type services.msc and press enter.
    3. Look for ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service.
    4. Right click on the service and click on Properties.
    5. Change the Startup type to
      Automatic
    6. Click on Apply and restart the service.

If you still face the same issue, please reply with the following details:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2019
  3. ABBYY finereader 9.0 sprint

why wont my ABBYY fine reader 9.0 sprint work anymore I have windows 10 and up till now it has always worked when I scan documents and try to save. The message is
    ABBYY licensing service unavailable. The RPC server is unavailable this is what comes up when I try to save or edit items. Hope you can help

cherylconstable, Nov 28, 2019
  4. kongming Win User

ABBYY FineReader 12 do not support Windows 10 with Ms Office 2016

Windows 10 with Microsoft Office 2016 do not support ABBYY FineReader 12.
    I have to wait comparetible version.

Any other replacement products?

Thank you

kongming, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint - Similar Threads - ABBYY FineReader Sprint

2. Fortnite can't walk multiple ways or sprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite can't walk multiple ways or sprint: Hello!I was playing fortnite this afternoon and everything worked completely fine. Then I went to turn off my pc and when I wanted to shut off my computer, I also saw the option to update and shut off my pc. So I clicked it because I always do these updates, and when I...
  3. Fortnite can't walk multiple ways or sprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fortnite can't walk multiple ways or sprint: Hello!I was playing fortnite this afternoon and everything worked completely fine. Then I went to turn off my pc and when I wanted to shut off my computer, I also saw the option to update and shut off my pc. So I clicked it because I always do these updates, and when I...
  4. Epson All-in-one won't complete a Document scan to PDF- ABBYY Finereader 9.0 "Fine Cmd" not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Epson All-in-one won't complete a Document scan to PDF- ABBYY Finereader 9.0 "Fine Cmd" not...: Just recently upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 Pro. All my drivers Updated or Current and my Epson WF-3520 prints ok. The only thing I can't do is finish scanning & saving a document using Epson Scan and ABBYY Finereader 9.0 My all-in-one used to trigger the ABBYY...
  5. Minecraft sprint mistake?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft sprint mistake?: Hey, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition earlier and started it. When I'm running normally, it suddenly starts sprinting and bending over even though I only press W. I hope someone can help me, thank you :) Minecraft Sprintfehler?
  6. ABBYY FineReader Pro 5.0 (over 20 years old but works on Windows 10)

ABBYY FineReader Pro 5.0 (over 20 years old but works on Windows 10): I was rebuilding my computer and came across some software I bought over 20 years ago. It was ABBYY FineReader Pro 5.0. I remember I bought it directly from ABBYY and paid $99. I was determined to get it working again. Here are the problems I found and how I overcame them....
  7. configure Abby FineReader 9.0 Sprint to recognize Microsoft mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    configure Abby FineReader 9.0 Sprint to recognize Microsoft mail: How can I configure Abby FineReader 9.0 Sprint to recognize Microsoft mail. I am running Windows 10 Pro. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-abby-finereader-90-sprint-to-recognize/005bfed7-12cb-4c20-a641-bae0f48fc087
  8. ABBYY finereader 9.0 sprint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ABBYY finereader 9.0 sprint: why wont my ABBYY fine reader 9.0 sprint work anymore I have windows 10 and up till now it has always worked when I scan documents and try to save. The message is ABBYY licensing service unavailable. The RPC server is unavailable this is what comes up when I try to save or...
  9. Abbyy FineReader 5.0 Pro Installation in Windows 10 (64-bit)

Abbyy FineReader 5.0 Pro Installation in Windows 10 (64-bit): Abbyy FineReader 5.0 Pro worked fine for me in Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). It works just as well for me now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). 1. Install FineReader 5.0 Pro Rename FineReaderPro.exe to FineReaderPro.exe.zip Unzip to folder Run...
  10. ABBYY FineReader 12 do not support Windows 10 with Ms Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    ABBYY FineReader 12 do not support Windows 10 with Ms Office 2016: Windows 10 with Microsoft Office 2016 do not support ABBYY FineReader 12. I have to wait comparetible version. Any other replacement products? Thank you 75973

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint win 10