Windows 10: Ability in Windows 10 Pro to Switch User or login with "Other User" gone.

Discus and support Ability in Windows 10 Pro to Switch User or login with "Other User" gone. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows Specifications Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Installed on 23-May-2018 OS Build 17134.376 This computer used to allow users... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by R. Bacon, Nov 12, 2018.

1. R. Bacon Win User

Ability in Windows 10 Pro to Switch User or login with "Other User" gone.

Windows Specifications
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1803

Installed on 23-May-2018

OS Build 17134.376

This computer used to allow users to log in with their Office 365 account credentials, but now this option has disappeared. Unfortunately the machine is used by multiple people.

Since this behavior changed: I have searched and set the setting in grpedit.msc

“Hide Entry Points for Fast User Switching“

In the Registry

“HideFastUserSwitching“

... but I am really after "Other User" option, as the Office 365 users have never had user account on the machine in question, there is only an Admin account.

Thanks for you help,

Rohan

:)

R. Bacon, Nov 12, 2018

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 12, 2018
  3. How can I switch users in Windows 10?

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will assist you with the steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del key altogether.
    • Click on Switch User.
    • Select the user with which you want to login.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 12, 2018
  4. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Ability in Windows 10 Pro to Switch User or login with "Other User" gone. - Similar Threads - Ability Pro Switch

2. 2 "other user" at windows 10 Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 "other user" at windows 10 Login: Hi, We are on windows 10 22H2 I have two "other user" at bottom left login screen. We need to click on the second "other user" to log in. I would like to remove the first one that we dont really need. I already tried configuration - windows settings - security settings -...
  3. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  4. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  5. Other users are not shown on switch user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users are not shown on switch user: I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2OS Build 19042.985 "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already read and followed all instructions to resolve this issue which exists for innumerable users but till date it remain...
  6. User switching / login not possibe

User switching / login not possibe: After following this in order to try fixing other problems, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-to-restore-default-security-permissions/ab58f918-da72-42c0-ba71-161d52b73d46 I can no longer see my other users on the system....
  7. Windows 10: "Other User" login error

Windows 10: "Other User" login error: I have a corporate machine running Windows 10 that I am not able to login as 'Other User' on the startup screen. It keeps saying "The user name or password is incorrect.", even though I was able to login to the Microsoft site using the same credentials. I've tried using two...
  8. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...
  9. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  10. Auto login then switch user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pro cannot see other user